Jan 9, 2021

Wicked Wish(The Royals:Warlock Court,#2)

                         ✰

                                              CONTAINS SPOILERS


They stole my power…but I will get it back. 

 
My ascension nearly killed me. If I don’t learn to control my magic now it could hurt everyone around me. 


A piece of me is missing, and whether I like it or not, the only person who can help me is Beckett.
And I definitely don’t like it. Beckett is infuriating and overbearing, and no matter where I go he’s always there. He even haunts my dreams, and the more we fight the more intense the dreams become. He wants me to trust him and now I don’t really have a choice. I know he’s keeping secrets from me, but what he doesn’t know is I have some of my own. 


I’m surrounded by treacherous enemies, the devious council, and the scary warlock rebellion…and now I have to make the hardest decision of my life: return to my old, safe life as an average human girl or embrace the darkness inside me and become the warlock I was born to be. 


But I’m no damsel in distress, I will save myself. 

 

 

 

  Mysterious. Action-packed. 


Oh, man. I wasn’t prepared for this. I wasn’t ready for my emotions to go in different directions. I have read most of Megan Montero books.She is one of those authors who hooks you from the start until you find yourself reading all the books. She has become one of my favorite authors, and I am always looking forward to her next book. I loved Wicked Wish more than I loved Wicked Omen . There was more happening in Wicked Wish than there was in the first book; it was more action-packed. From the first page until the last page, there was so much happening, and it was impossible to put the book down. I am glad that I decided to read this book before my spring semester started. While reading this book, one more chapter turned into five hours later, every time. There wasn’t a spot where you could stop because when you assumed that you could put down, there was another twist. 


Beckett and Astrid, soulmates. I should see that coming, considering how the two of them acted around each other. Beckett should tell her, and I knew that it wouldn’t end well if Astrid found out that he hid it from her, that he lied to her. When Zinnia found out that Tucker hid from her, she was not happy. Astrid is going to be livid when she finds out the truth. I hope that Beckett stops being stubborn and tells her that I hope she doesn’t find the truth from somebody else. I do wonder why he decided to hide it from her; it’s clear how she feels about him. Their character development in Wicked Wish was astonishing, and I think that the two of them had the most character development. I do like that despite their attraction, they did not fall in love with each other right away; it makes their relationship realistic. I do feel like Beckett was too harsh with her at times, but the way that she acts at times, I can’t blame him. If he doesn’t tell her the truth about his soulmate, their relationship might now survive. 


Odin. I know that he is a demon, but I love the demon cat. It’s unique, and I think it’s funny how he keeps stealing food from Cross. I am curious if anyone will find out that he’s not a typical cat. I know that if Beckett finds out, he won’t be happy. I am hoping that nobody finds out because I like him. That ending… I knew that Astrid would find out the truth eventually. I understand that she’s angry that he hid it from her, but I feel as if she’s too angry. I do hope that Astrid doesn’t turn to the dark side. After that ending, I am eager to pick up the next book in the series and see what happens next. I have a feeling that whatever she has planned for Beckett cannot be anything good. I love this book. I love the characters and the storyline. It’s unlike any books that I have read before. I am eager to see what awaits everyone next.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

Story For Dessert Published @ 2014 by Ipietoon