Jan 6, 2021

The Key To Fear(The Key,#1)

                         ✰ 

                                            CONTAINS SPOILERS


To Health.
To Life.
To the Future.

 
We are The Key. 


'No touching today for a healthy tomorrow.' Elodie obeys The Key. Elodie obeys the rules. Elodie trusts in the system. At least, Elodie used to... 


Aidan is a rebel. Aidan doesn't do what he's told. Aidan just wants to be free. Aidan is on his last chance... 


After a pandemic wiped out most of the human race, The Key took power. The Key dictates the rules. They govern in order to keep people safe. But as Elodie and Aidan begin to discover there is another side to The Key, they realise not everything is as it seems. 

 
Rather than playing protector, The Key are playing God 

 

 

 Haunting. 


I have been excited about The Key To Fear since I found out that Kristin Cast was writing a new book. I have been a big fan of Kristin Cast since I read House Of Night that she wrote with her mother, P.C Cast . I came across the series years ago and re-read it multiple times since. I was excited for a chance to read something different by Kristin. The Key To Fear was unique, and the story fits our current pandemic situation so well. I love dystopian books and have read a big selection of books over the years. The Key To The Fear was unlike any others that I have read. I feel as if this is the book that anyone could relate to, considering the current situation that we are dealing with. The book feels real. The Key To Fear is not a book that you will be able to put down; when I was not reading, I was thinking about the story. I was hooked from the first page, and before I knew it, I have reached the end of the book. 


Elodie and Aidan. Those two are so different and yet connected. I wonder that maybe that's what brought the two of them together. I saw the connection between the two of them from the start. I wondered what would happen when the two of them met again. I didn't particularly appreciate how Rhett treated her, and he wasn't the one that she should be with. I know that Rhett and Elodie were matched, but he didn't love her. After what happened with Aiden, I know that there are no longer matched, but now both Elodie and Aiden have gotten themselves in so much trouble. I am eager to find out what's going to happen with them next. Will the two of them get caught? Will they survive? I do know that Rhett won't give up until he finds her. I know that there was no touching, no kissing, no hugging. However, I didn't think that one kiss could cause so much trouble. I'm eager to see what happens with them next. 


There were few twists in the book, but the ending had the most unexpected one. It's the ending that has me wishing that the next book was out. No touching, no hugging is similar to what we are facing now, just not to the extreme like in the book. The descriptions transported me to the story, had me going on adventures along with Aidan and Elodie. Those two are my favorite characters in the book, and I cannot wait to see what awaits them next. I shouldn't be surprised, but I am in love. I cannot get the story out of my head. The Key To Fear was magical, extraordinary, remarkable.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

Story For Dessert Published @ 2014 by Ipietoon