Jan 7, 2021

Wicked Omen(The Royals:Warlock Court,#1)

                        ✰ 

CONTAINS SPOILERS


There’s no such thing as magical powers. . . 

 
All my life the only kind of magic I’d ever seen was the sparkling jewels on fifth avenue. On the night of my sixteenth birthday all hell breaks loose, and by hell I mean me! I never felt power like this, so dark, so tempting, so out of my control! No one is safe around me. And now I’m being thrown into Warwick Academy. 


An academy for the darker side of magic. . .the warlock side. 


My captor, my savior, and the bane of my existence, Beckett Dust insists on keeping me here even though we can’t stand each other. I don’t care how drop dead gorgeous he is or that he rules the school like he owns it; I need to stay as far away from him as I can. His deepest desire is to turn me into a weapon in the great war to come. My deepest desire is . . .him. There’s a thin line between love and hate, and right now, I’m walking it. 

 

 

 

Magical. Haunting. Delightful. 


I love books about witches, warlocks, and magic. I have a selection of those books over the years. It seems as if I cannot get enough of those books. I have read a few different versions of witches, warlocks, and magic. I came across Megan Montero ’s The Royals series back in 2019. I was intrigued by Witch Court within the first few chapters. I had the next season on my list for some time. I had a feeling that I was going to like Wicked Omen , and I should know that I was going to fall in love. My feelings about this book, I’m not even sure if I can explain all of them, there are so many of them. I loved Zinnia’s story and going on adventures along with her. I love Astrid’s story even more, at least so far. Astrid is fierce. You cannot help but love her. I cannot imagine finding out she’s a warlock, the way that she had. If I were here, I would be scared too. I wish they found a better way to tell her that did not include them kidnapping her. 


Beckett. I had mixed feelings about him since he was introduced in Witch Court season. At the same time, I was curious about him. Wicked Omen gave me a different side of Beckett. It did not take me long until he became one of my favorite characters in the book. Beckett and Astrid. Their relationship is a bit complicated. It’s clear that they are attracted to each other, but neither wants to admit their feelings. I understand why Beckett is hard on Astrid, but I feel that he is overprotective of her. I felt he is sending mixed signals to her; one minute, he is fighting with her, and then he is kissing her. It’s no wonder that Astrid is confused. Another character you cannot help but love is Medusa, and I know it’s hard to believe. I loved the way that she was portrayed in the book. I love how she bonded with Astrid; maybe all she needed is a friend. I have a feeling that the two of them are going to be good friends. I’m curious to see if she appears in the other books in the series. 


I love how action-packed Wicked Omen was, and there was always something happening. That ending…I’m not even sure how to feel about it. I’m glad that I have the next book in the series; I need to find out what happens with Astrid. From everyone in the book, she’s the character who develops the most; she is not the same girl at the beginning of the book. I’m eager to see what happens with her, Beckett, Ophelia in the next book. I’m also curious to see what she thinks about Zinnia. Do you love fantasy? Magic? This is a book that you should check out. Wicked Omen is unique and will keep you on the edge of your seat until the end.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

Story For Dessert Published @ 2014 by Ipietoon