Jan 19, 2021

Harley Merlin And The Mystery Twins(Harley Merlin,#2)

 

 CONTAINS SPOILERS


A dark past. A hidden power. A dangerous enemy. 

 
Harley Merlin has a lot of unanswered questions in her life. What drove her father to kill her mother? How can she know the true extent of her magical abilities? Has Wade Crowley always been this annoying? 


After the violent gargoyle incident that left many dead, Harley fears what other evil tricks her psychotic aunt has up her sleeve. When she discovers that magical foster kids like herself are in danger, she knows she must do whatever it takes to protect them. 


And it turns out that Tatyana, the Coven’s resident ghost-whisperer, is also willing to make sacrifices and has secrets of her own…

 

 

Oh, man… 


I think I’m in trouble. This series has everything that I love about fantasy books; all put into one book. I cannot get enough of the books, of the adventures that Harley and her friends are facing. Every time I reach the end of the book, I will pick up the next book in the series, eager to see what happens next. I’m glad that my friend got me the first three books in the series. I might have to check if my library has them; I won’t wait long for the other books in the series. I loved the first book in the series, a story that I couldn’t stop thinking about. Harley Merlin and the Mystery Twins was better and had me falling in love again. How did I not discover these books sooner? I’m glad that my friend came across them and told me about them. It’s amazing when you and your best friend have the same taste in books. I had enjoyed the first book; however, Harley Merlin and the Mystery Twins had much more action and mystery. Every page, every incident that happened, had you guessing about what might happen next. 


Ryder Twins. I had never read about characters who were as extreme, as evil as they were. I was suspicious about the two of them when their cards got discovered. The warning sign was them telling they were from San Diego Coven. I wondered if they were working for Katherine and why they caused so much destruction. They were smart, sneaky, and dangerous. I knew that if Harley and the Coven did not find them soon, it wouldn’t end well for anyone. My heart broke for all those families who were thinking that they were safe. I understand why Harley decided to keep the children with their families, but I believe that they would be safer in the Coven. I love Harley, but at times I get annoyed with her, like when she ignores the rules and does what she wants. Rules are there for a reason. I have a feeling that not following them will get her in big trouble one day. I don’t blame Wade for being irritated with her. Besides Katherine, the Ryder twins are the most powerful and dangerous. I dislike them even more than Katherine. 


I loved reading from both Harley and Tatyana’s point of view. I had liked Tatyana from the first book and was curious about her. I wonder how it was for her to have spirits inside of her. When Oberon Marx did not leave Tatyana’s body, I had a bad feeling about it. He said all the right things to convince her. However, I did not trust him. I was glad that they noticed that something wasn’t right with Tatyana and got him out before completely taking over her body. I loved reading from her perspective, and I felt as I got to know her more. You cannot help but love her. That ending, you will want to pick up the next book in the series, to see what happens next. I did. I know that this is going to be a series that will be hard to pull away from. I am already wondering what’s going to happen in the next book. I want to see if Wade and Harley admit their feeling to one another. Everyone knows how they feel, expect for them, it seems like, or they are in denial. I want to see what happens with Jake; I like him and hope he will stay away so Katherine cannot find him. I know that Katherine has something else planned. Harley and Coven’s troubles are far from over.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

Story For Dessert Published @ 2014 by Ipietoon