Jan 12, 2021

Wicked Hunt(The Royals:Warlock Court, #2.5)

 

                      CONTAINS SPOILERS 


To take him down, I’d use all of my power…

 
I know exactly who Dario Malback is. I know everything about him. I know all of his dirty secrets and his evil deeds. He is more of a monster than my father ever was...because Dario just likes it.
He needs to go down for what he did. He needs to pay for his crimes and I’ve dreamt of this day for a long time. So when Matteaus asks me and Cross to hunt him down, I don’t hesitate to say yes. I want the man dead, the problem is…he’s Cross’s father. Deep down I know he doesn’t want his own father dead and I’ll do anything to spare him that pain. Now I must find a way to stop Dario without killing him. If I don’t, I may lose Cross forever. 


And that would be the biggest problem ever because I kind of, sort of, accidentally fell in love with Cross. 


To win, I’ll have to walk that fine line between good and evil…but a little bad never hurt anybody, right? 

 

 

 Once again, there are no words. When Ophelia was introduced in Witch Court at first, I wasn’t sure what to think of her; mixed feelings were mixed. It wasn’t long until she became one of my favorite characters. I started to like her more once I read Warlock Court. I wasn’t aware that Ophelia had a novella until recently, and I was excited for a chance to read it. I couldn’t wait to discover the magical world from Ophelia’s point of view. From the start, I was curious about Ophelia and Cross's relationship, Witch Hunt gave more in-depth about their relationship. At first, I wondered why she denied the attraction that she had for him, the reason why she kept pushing him away. When it was discovered that they were soul mates since they were 14 and took off, it made sense. Ophelia was scared that he would take off again. I did not get that feeling from Cross, and it was clear how much he loved Ophelia. 


Cross. He was one of the characters that I didn’t get to know too much. Witch Hunt explained so much in this book. Cross is a good person. His father, Dario, was evil, yet he couldn’t find him to kill him because he was his father. Despite what his father did, he still loved him. I did wonder what they were going do if they couldn’t kill him. I loved that Ophelia came up with a plan to strip him of his powers but not kill him. Ophelia did so much for Cross, and I wish that she would stop trying to deny it. I know that he hurt her in the past, but that didn’t mean that he would do it again. I wondered how long it would take for her to give in. I was rooting for them. I was rooting for Ophelia to realize that the two of them belong with each other. 


Witch Hunt was action-packed from the beginning until the end. There were few parts in the book that were a bit slow, but they picked up fast. I loved that the point of view went between Ophelia’s and Cross. Those points of view gave us a chance to get to learn more about each of the characters. After reading Witch Hunt , I wished that another book was from Ophelia’s perspective. You can’t help but love her. I love how fierce she is, and she doesn’t let anyone take advantage of her. Ophelia is not a person you want to mess with, but I would love to be friends with. I could not get enough of this book. This series, it’s not the one that I will be able to forget. I’m still thinking about what’s going to happen next. 


Magical. A must-read.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

Story For Dessert Published @ 2014 by Ipietoon