Jan 15, 2021

Unspoken Words.

 
 



To be blunt, Unspoken Words is one person's story of rape and abuse. It is not for everyone. You can expect this story to illuminate the raw effects of childhood trauma since it is narrated by a victim of abuse that spanned years. It is also a story of hope from the abuse. Most importantly, Unspoken Words creates a platform for victims to speak up. 

 

 

 

 Heart-breaking. Unforgettable. 


This book, it's not easy to read. I received this book from a best friend of mine, and Merlin is one of her best friends. I knew that Unspoken Words would be a hard book to read, and there were some parts more challenging to read than others. I cannot even begin to imagine having gone through something that tragic. I have read few books dealing with sexual abuse, yet this one seemed to hit me the hardest. To have a deal with sexual abuse for that long, it's not something that I want to imagine. Despite the challenging subject, I had a hard time putting it down when I started to read the book. I was eager to find out what happens, hoping that she would find away to get from her abuser.  That her abuser will go for jail, for what he done.


All her emotions were so vivid. I cannot begin to imagine how it was, but it felt as if I could all through her descriptions. I liked that the story was told in the timeline, from the time that it started. I loved her writing style; it gave the feeling as she was speaking to the readers. While reading Unspoken Words , I found myself feeling all of the emotions she was going through, fear, depression, anger, and hope. Unspoken Words is not a story that you will forget. Once I reached the last page, I could not get out of my mind. I wished I knew the author personally so that I could hug her. My heart shattered for her. It is a story that I will never forget.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

Story For Dessert Published @ 2014 by Ipietoon