Jul 29, 2020

Ghost Story (The Dresden Files, #13)

☆☆☆
Ghost story.
The Dresden Files, #13.
 Jim butcher.

Publisher  ROC
Publication Date: July 26,2011
Genre:  Fantasy|Mystery. 
 Format|Pages: Hardcover|481.
 Source: Goodreads| Owned.














CONTAINS SPOILERS




When we last left the mighty wizard detective Harry Dresden, he wasn't doing well. In fact, he had been murdered by an unknown assassin.



But being dead doesn't stop him when his friends are in danger. Except now he has no body, and no magic to help him. And there are also several dark spirits roaming the Chicago shadows who owe Harry some payback of their own.



To save his friends—and his own soul—Harry will have to pull off the ultimate trick without any magic. 







Magical. Thrilling.



After that ending in CHANGES you cannot help but wonder : what happens next? .I was eager to find out what happened to Harry afterward. A part of me was hoping that it did not happen, that Harry was dreaming. Of course, there was no such luck. My next, though, was wondering who killer Harry, and why? I know that Harry had made many enemies through the series, so I was more curious about who wanted him dead. I did wonder if it might be Marcone. The actual truth is not something that occurred to me. Yet when the truth came out, it was not something that surprised me either, considering the trouble Harry seemed to get himself in once again. I was surprised that when Harry came back to Chicago in his spirit form those months had passed since his death. Like him, it felt as if he just died. I did wonder how everyone was dealing with his death, especially Molly and Murphy. I had a strong feeling that something was going to happen between Harry and Murphy, right before his death. For the past few books, I sensed that there was an attraction between him and Murphy. I was wondering when they would do something about that if they would take that step.



Molly. She had impressed me a while back, becoming one of my favorite characters in the series. GHOST STORY is where I became an even bigger fan of her. I could see she was struggling at the beginning, which I had a feeling was mostly due to Harry's death and her feelings for him. Molly had grown up and had the most character development since she had become Harry's apprentice. I did wonder what was going to happen to her after his death. I wondered who was going to take over the training. It is clear how much Molly still cares about Harry. What she has done for him, she would not have if she did not care about him. I love her character's development, and I am eager to see what happens with her next. Molly is a fierce and strong and I love the fact that she never gives up, that she keeps on going. She became one of the strongest female characters in the book.



Butters. That is another character that improved since the beginning of the series. He became a much stronger character that you do not want to mess with. Few characters changed quite a few through the series, but Molly and Butters are my favorites. I wondered how GHOST STORY would end, what would happen to Harry after his task was completed. Would her remain a spirit, or would he go and serve Mab? How can you not help but wonder what he would have to face next. GHOST STORY always had something happening and had you wondering what will come next. It did have a bit of slow start, and there were a couple of slow parts but not for long. GHOST STORY had me going through the emotions, and once again, I felt as I was there along with Harry and his friends.



Another great addition to the Dresden Files .


0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

Story For Dessert Published @ 2014 by Ipietoon