Jul 22, 2020

Full Circle.

☆☆☆
    full circle.
Andrea barber.

Publisher  Citadel Press.
Publication Date: November 12,2019.
Genre:  Nonfiction.
 Format|Pages: Kindle|272.
 Source: Goodreads| Owned.


















Andrea Barber is known to millions world-wide as Kimmy Gibbler, star of hit 90s sitcom Full House and recent Netflix sequel Fuller House. In this funny, heartfelt book, Andrea takes readers behind the scenes of her odd Hollywood career and through the ways in which, like many of us, she's rebooted her own life a few times. In this book, Andrea shares how anxiety (particularly post-partum anxiety) was a wrecking ball in her life, and how with the help of her real-life family, as well as her television family, was able to take control and lead a happy, successful life.



Kimmy Gibbler crashed through the back door of the Tanner family's kitchen and fearlessly installed herself as zany friend to millions of loyal viewers. She was brash, unapologetic, brimming with confidence, and fully accepting of her own weirdness.



Twenty years later, the Full House creator called to tell Andrea that Netflix wanted to do a sequel, now with Kimmy as a starring role. Andrea was struggling with serious anxiety and depression and had just signed her divorce papers four days earlier. There was nothing she needed more than a reboot. 




 







A beautifully written, powerful memoir.



Wow. I had no idea how fantastic this memoir was going to be. There were so many emotions that well through me while reading FULL CIRCLE, don’t you love the title, and it first this book so well. I did not come across Full House until I was around 14 years old. However, it did not take me long to fall in love with the series, and I spent hours watching it. I have seen the first few episodes of the first season of Fuller House, and now that I read FULL CIRCLE I want to go back and catch up with the show. I cannot even begin to imagine going back to something after being gone 20 years. I had wondered what happened to ANDREA BARBER since she was the one cast member from Full House that I did not see much of afterward. I cannot even imagine having to go through what she had gone through. There is part of me that wishes that could hug her.



I have anxiety, I have depression, and I felt as if I could relate to her, even if mine is not as extreme. I do remember how it feels like when I do get anxious about getting panic attacks, and nothing seems to help me. She had gone through so much. It makes you realize that you are not alone. ANDREA BARBER is the type of person that I would love to have as a friend, she is an amazing one. I can tell just from reading her book. It made me happy that she finally was able to get help and that she was able to find something that works for her. I also loved the advice that she gave in the book, which is not something I had thought about. Reading FULL CIRCLE I felt as I learned more about anxiety and depression that I was aware of before. It is an emotional book at times, but it’s also one that you will find yourself reading late into night. I admire her even more than before. I cannot imagine sharing something that personal. 

If you are a fan of Full House or Fuller House , I would highly recommend this book out.




0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

Story For Dessert Published @ 2014 by Ipietoon