Jul 20, 2020

Where The Crawdads Sing.

☆☆☆
where the crawdads sing.
delia owens.

Publisher  G.P Putnam's Sons.
Publication Date: August 14,2018.
Genre:  Historical Fiction| Mystery.
 Format|Pages: Kindle|384.
 Source: Goodreads| Library.














CONTAINS SPOILERS


For years, rumors of the “Marsh Girl” have haunted Barkley Cove, a quiet town on the North Carolina coast. So in late 1969, when handsome Chase Andrews is found dead, the locals immediately suspect Kya Clark, the so-called Marsh Girl. But Kya is not what they say. Sensitive and intelligent, she has survived for years alone in the marsh that she calls home, finding friends in the gulls and lessons in the sand.


Then the time comes when she yearns to be touched and loved. When two young men from town become intrigued by her wild beauty, Kya opens herself to a new life–until the unthinkable happens. 




 





A story that will stay with you.




I am blown away by this story. WHERE THE CRAWDADS SING is a story that will have you going through emotions from the start until the end. I do not think that I can explain all the feelings that I was feeling while reading this book. Even if I cannot imagine what Kya went through, I felt as if I could, I could feel a connection with the character. Kya is a character that you will fall in love from the beginning; at least I did. My favorite part of the book was the writing; it was beautiful and filled with so much emotion. You will feel all the emotions that the characters feel in the book, I did. I loved that Kya’s story was told from childhood into adulthood, making you be able to connect with the character more. From all the characters in WHERE THE CRAWDAD’S SING


WHERE THE CRAWDADS SING is a powerful story. I did feel that it started a bit slow, but after a few pages, it picked up. Afterward, you will have a hard time putting the book down. The only reason it took me time to read it because of my summer classes, otherwise I would finish it within a couple of days. It is an emotional book, but at the same, it will keep you on reading until the end. Once Chase Andrews is found dead, the story even gets even more intriguing and have wondered if it was an accident or murder. I thought that going back between the two periods was interesting. You could not help but wonder how it happened and the reason behind it if Kya was involved in his death somehow. I am glad that Kya had Tate; it was clear that the two of them loved one another. Kya needed someone like Tate, who loved her for who she was and not judged the way others did.



I have heard about WHERE THE CRAWDADS SING for some time and read few great reviews about the book. I finally put it on hold at my library, but it has a long waiting list. I am glad that I finally got a chance to read the book. Now I know why so many people are talking about this book. It has memorable characters and memorable stories. You will find yourself thinking about the story long after you finish the book. I have a feeling that this will be a book that I will be re-reading in the future.




WHERE THE CRAWDADS SING was unlike any other historical fiction that I have read. It is unique. It a story about survival, hope, love, friendship. WHERE THE CRAWDADS SING is a must-read.




0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

Story For Dessert Published @ 2014 by Ipietoon