Jul 7, 2020

Chain Of Gold(The Last Hours,#1)

☆☆☆

chain of gold.
The Last Hours, #1.
 Cassandra Clare.

Publisher  Margaret K. McElderry
Publication Date: March 3,2020.
Genre:  YA  Romance| Fantasy.
 Format|Pages: Kindle|624.
 Source: Goodreads| Library. 














 CONTAINS SPOILERS





Welcome to Edwardian London, a time of electric lights and long shadows, the celebration of artistic beauty and the wild pursuit of pleasure, with demons waiting in the dark. For years there has been peace in the Shadowhunter world. James and Lucie Herondale, children of the famous Will and Tessa, have grown up in an idyll with their loving friends and family, listening to stories of good defeating evil and love conquering all. But everything changes when the Blackthorn and Carstairs families come to London…and so does a remorseless and inescapable plague.



James Herondale longs for great love, and thinks he has found it in the beautiful, mysterious Grace Blackthorn. Cordelia Carstairs is desperate to become a hero, save her family from ruin, and keep her secret love for James hidden. When disaster strikes the Shadowhunters, James, Cordelia and their friends are plunged into a wild adventure which will reveal dark and incredible powers, and the true cruel price of being a hero…and falling in love. 




 





Once again, I am blown away by the magical world of Shadowhunters.



I have been eager about CHAIN OF GOLD from the moment that I heard about the books. If it weren’t for the long waitlist at the library, I would have read it sooner. I loved The Infernal Devices and fell in love with all of the characters in that book. How could I not be curious about how their children might turn out? It did not take me long to fall in love with the characters in CHAIN OF GOLD , especially Cordelia, and she was my favorite from all of the characters. She was one of those characters that you couldn’t help but love. I did feel bad for her, it was clear how much she loved James, but it was also clear that he did not return those feelings. Even after Grace became engaged to Charles, that Grace was the only girl that his heart was with. I wished that he did not play with Cordelia’s feelings like that, and by kissing her, he gave her hope. Of course, James had no way of knowing how she felt about him. There was part of me that maybe James would wake up and realize that Cordelia was the one for him. As the book progressed, I knew that it was not going to happen. I am eager to see what might arise between the two of them after that unexpected ending.



Matthew, I was not sure what to think of him. There were times that I liked him, and then there were times that he annoyed me. In the beginning, I could tell that he liked Lucie and even Lucie noticed that. However, halfway through the book, his feeling seems to switch off towards Cordelia. I do not think that he is in love with her; however, I knew that the way he feels about he is more than friendship. I loved this book, however, I did not enjoy it as much as I enjoyed The Infernal Devices , and I felt that there wasn’t as much action in this book. However, once it got to the action, it was incredible, and of course, it is the time that I found myself reading late into the night. I needed to see what happened, and I wanted to know if they would be able to defeat that demon. That ending…Oh, man. CASSANDRA CLARE knows a way to put a twist to the story which has the readers craving for me. How am I supposed to wait a year to find out what happens next? I do know that more trouble and danger is about to come for everyone. I am still thinking about that ending and wondering what is coming next.



I loved that the characters from Infernal Devices made an appearance in the book, especially Tessa and Will, even if they did not have a major role in the book. There was another character I wasn’t fond of, Grace. She told James that she loved him, yet sometimes I wondered if she did love him, or if she was playing with his feelings. Yet, other times I could tell that she loved him just the way she acted with him. I had mixed feelings about their relationship. In general, CHAIN OF GOLD is a fantastic book that will have you turning the pages until you reach the end. If you love fantasy, especially if you loved Infernal Devices, this is the book that you want to check out.



Magical.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

Story For Dessert Published @ 2014 by Ipietoon