Jul 20, 2020

Stalking Jack The Ripper(Stalking Jack The Ripper, #1)

☆☆☆
stalking jack the ripper.
 Stalking Jack The Ripper, #1.

kerri maniscalco.

Publisher  Jimmy Patterson.
Publication Date: September 20,2006.
Genre:  YA  Horror| Mystery.
 Format|Pages: Kindle|337.
 Source: Goodreads| Library. 










 CONTAINS SPOILERS



Seventeen-year-old Audrey Rose Wadsworth was born a lord's daughter, with a life of wealth and privilege stretched out before her. But between the social teas and silk dress fittings, she leads a forbidden secret life.



Against her stern father's wishes and society's expectations, Audrey often slips away to her uncle's laboratory to study the gruesome practice of forensic medicine. When her work on a string of savagely killed corpses drags Audrey into the investigation of a serial murderer, her search for answers brings her close to her sheltered world. 




 




Haunting. Intriguing.



Usually, I do not read horror books often. However, I heard about STALKING JACK THE RIPPER for a while and heard few good reviews, so I decided to check the book out. I was glued to the book only after reading the first few sentences. The first sentence will have you craving for more, wondering what is going to happen next. I loved the idea behind the book. I had always been curious about Jack the Ripper, and I am sure that I was not the only one. That what had captured my attention about the book besides the title. STALKING JACK THE RIPPER how can you not be curious about a title like that? The title itself has you interested enough to pick the book up.



STALKING JACK THE RIPPER was unlike any mystery or horror book that I read before. I loved that it had a scientific approach to the book as well. It was not the type of horror and mystery book that I was expecting. Now that I read it, I am eager to pick up the next book in series. I want to see what happens with Audrey Rose and Thomas next. I am curious to see what adventures they are going to face at school. Thomas and Audrey Rose made a good team together. I saw a connection between the two from the beginning, even if they acted as if they could not stand each other, I could tell that there was something between the two of them. I was rooting for them to figure out all through the book.



There were parts of the book that was a little too graphic for my taste, but I knew that they were an essential part of the story. I loved the mystery behind the story. Like Audrey Rose, I wondered who was behind all those horrific murders. The identity of the murderer was the last person that I suspected. He had never even made it to my suspect list, not once. I was sure that Audrey Rose figured out the murderer, and then came the most unexpected twist. I think that part of me was still in shock. I never pictured him as a murderer, just based on the way that he acted. He tricked everyone. I was glad to see that Audrey Rose’s father saw her passion. I wonder if that might change their relationship. What I loved is how it kept you on the edge of seat, kept you wondering who the killer was.



Do you love mysteries with a twist? Be sure to check out STALKING JACK THE RIPPER Be prepared for a thrilling ride!







0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

Story For Dessert Published @ 2014 by Ipietoon