Jul 29, 2020

Changes(The Dresden Files,#12)

☆☆☆
changes.
The Dresden Files, #12.
 Jim butcher.

Publisher  ROC
Publication Date: April 6,2010. 
Genre:  Fantasy|Mystery. 
 Format|Pages: Hardcover|438.
 Source: Goodreads| Owned.















 CONTAINS SPOILERS.


Long ago, Susan Rodriguez was Harry Dresden's lover-until she was attacked by his enemies, leaving her torn between her own humanity and the bloodlust of the vampiric Red Court. Susan then disappeared to South America, where she could fight both her savage gift and those who cursed her with it.



Now Arianna Ortega, Duchess of the Red Court, has discovered a secret Susan has long kept, and she plans to use it-against Harry. To prevail this time, he may have no choice but to embrace the raging fury of his own untapped dark power. Because Harry's not fighting to save the world...



He's fighting to save his child 









Wow. I did not think that I could fall in love with this series more. I did not think that anything could surprise me when it came to Dresden Files, . Boy, was I wrong? This wasn’t the first time that I read CHANGES , but it has been a while, and I am sure that I will be re-reading in the future. It has been a few years since I last read Dresden Files, and since the new book came out, I decided to re-read it. Reading CHANGES again, which reminded me of why I fell in love with this series. Every book has you on the edge of your seat, have you wondering what is going to happen next. When it comes to Harry Dresden, how can you not and wonder what will come next? No matter how hard he tries not to, he always seems to get himself in some trouble. However, Harry is the type of guy that I would love to have for a friend. Even though he had no idea that he had a child for years, he did everything that he could so he could save his daughter. How can you not love someone who does that for his child?



Susan, I am not sure what to feel about her. I always liked her. I thought that she and Harry made a great couple; it was clear how much the two of them loved each other. I was disappointed when the two of them went their separate ways. I did hope that the two of them would reunite at some point; this wasn’t the way that I hoped it would happen. I seem to have mixed feelings about her in this book. A part of me is angry at her for keeping Maggie a secret from Harry for years. She’s his daughter, and he has a right to know. Another part of me understands why she did it. I know that she was trying to protect Maggie. After this, I don’t think there is going back to Susan and Harry. I knew how angry, how upset he was that she kept his daughter a secret from him. However, Harry put that behind him to rescue his daughter. If that’s not a hero, then I don’t know what is.



That ending… I don’t even think that I have words for that ending. It seems that JIM BUTCHER has a way to twist the story in the way that you are not expecting. Although I have been reading Dresden Files for years, even I did not see that coming. With an ending like that, how can you not want to pick the next book up. I read the book before, but yet when I reached that end, I found myself in shock once again. Dresden Files is the type of series that once you start reading it, you won’t be able to put it down. I even recommended to few of my friends. It’s the books that I cannot seem to get out of my mind once I start reading it. If you are a fan of fantasy with a twist, be sure to check this series out. You will find yourself on the edge of the seat until the end and will be craving for more afterward.


0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

Story For Dessert Published @ 2014 by Ipietoon