Thursday, August 20

Mutual Discord.

 

 ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️
 
   Thank you to publisher, Berkley  for providing with Earc via Netgalley. All opinions are my own.  


A girl’s girl influencer gets a serious reality check when she discovers she’s fallen for her best friend’s boyfriend in this forbidden friends-to-lovers romance.

 
Sofia Mendoza has had enough. She’s done watching male co-workers steal credit for her talent, and now she’s going to do something about it. No one knows she’s the brains behind a popular video series highlighting and celebrating women in history who’ve been erased from their own inventions and discoveries. Her family and friends still think she has a successful corporate job and if they discover she is supporting herself by creating social media content, they’d be stunned. 


Keeping her online persona a secret is lonely, but when she sparks a virtual friendship with an anonymous follower—A—first in her comment section with his insightful perspective, then in their private video chats, where he proves to be witty and catfish level good looking, the chemistry between them ignites. 


But when her old friend, Caitlin, arrives for a visit, Sofia’s lies threaten to unravel. A is Alex Castillo, her best friend’s boyfriend. Alex doesn’t reveal that he knows her, and Sofia realizes he may be keeping secrets, too. With their friendship now in real life, can they keep their attraction in check?

   ðŸŒ·

 
I can’t begin to explain my feelings. I’ve been trying to figure out the best way to describe how I feel about this story. Sofia and Alex, the love story that you won’t be able to get out of your mind. From the moment that those two met, I rooted for the two of them. They had so much chemistry, and their connection went beyond friendship; even if they wouldn’t admit it. As complex as their love story was, I couldn’t help but fall in love with the characters and their story. 


I enjoyed reading about diversity in this book and the way Liana intertwined Puerto Rican culture. I loved Sofia’s family and the way they included him and made him feel welcome, as if he were part of the family. I loved reading it from Sofiia’s perspective, and all the emotions that she felt; I felt them all while reading the book. Sometimes I did wonder what Alex’s thoughts were during it all. I liked that the story was not just a love story, but it dealt with other real-life issues. It made the story feel much more real. 


Sofia wasn’t sure of herself, and I loved how Alex reassured her. I loved seeing how much Sofia grew from the beginning to the end of the book. I didn’t want this book to end, but I also couldn’t turn pages fast enough. I could keep on taking about this book, but you will have pick up a copy to find out for yourself.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

Story For Dessert Template by Ipietoon Cute Blog Design and Bukit Gambang