A cursed sea. A crew of liars. And an ending that will wreck you.
After Jade unleashes her forbidden lightning magic to save her classmates from a brutal attack at Blaze Academy, there's no more hiding what she is. Now, every powerful force in the supernatural world wants to control her, capture her, or kill her.
So she flees the island on a stolen ship into dangerous seas with Logan Ashford—the man she loves, who would kill for her and rewrite time for her. They’re also joined by Logan’s ex-girlfriend Callie, Jade’s roommate Evie, and Kieran Cross, the school’s deadliest weapons instructor who’s getting dangerously close to Evie.
But while the monsters in the water are deadly, the secrets on the ship are worse. And when an ancient trial forces hidden truths into the open, what Jade discovers will shatter the crew, break her heart, and change the course of her fate forever.
🌷
Considering how many years I’ve been reading Michelle’s books, I shouldn’t be surprised. Yet again, she found a way to surprise me. Michelle has a way to keep her readers on the edge of their seats, and just when you think you know what’s coming next, she surprises you with another unexpected twist. There is a reason that she is one of my favorite authors. I do feel that Witch Blade is one of the darker series. From the moment that I picked up Crimson Storm, I couldn’t pull away and stayed up late, reading.
I loved that it was multiple perspectives, giving the story so much more depth. Each character was different and viewed everything differently, so it was interesting to see it from their perspective. I was anxious that Jade didn’t tell Evie about Oliver. I was afraid that if Evie found out, it wouldn’t end well for Jade. I love Jade, and while I understood why she did it, I didn’t always agree with her choices. Jade has come a long way since the first book; she is much more determined and confident in herself and her powers. After that ending, I’m curious to see what awaits Jade next.
The descriptions in this book were outstanding; I could see it all in my mind as I read. I think this series would make an amazing movie or TV show. I loved the way that Michelle intertwined her twists in this one; some surprised me more than others. The minute that I turned the last page, I wanted to read the next one. Witch Blade has become one of my favorite series by her, and I cannot wait for more!
0 comments:
Post a Comment