May 28, 2021

Soul Of The Sword(Shadow Of The Fox,#2)

 

                        ✰

                                          CONTAINS SPOILERS



One thousand years ago, a wish was made to the Harbinger of Change and a sword of rage and lightning was forged. Kamigoroshi. The Godslayer. It had one task: to seal away the powerful demon Hakaimono. 


Now he has broken free. 

 
Kitsune shapeshifter Yumeko has one task: to take her piece of the ancient and powerful scroll to the Steel Feather temple in order to prevent the summoning of the Harbinger of Change, the great Kami Dragon who will grant one wish to whomever holds the Scroll of a Thousand Prayers. But she has a new enemy now. The demon Hakaimono, who for centuries was trapped in a cursed sword, has escaped and possessed the boy she thought would protect her, Kage Tatsumi of the Shadow Clan. 


Hakaimono has done the unthinkable and joined forces with the Master of Demons in order to break the curse of the sword and set himself free. To overthrow the empire and cover the land in darkness, they need one thing: the Scroll of a Thousand Prayers. As the paths of Yumeko and the possessed Tatsumi cross once again, the entire empire will be thrown into chaos. 

 

 


Outstanding. 


Many more words can describe Soul Of The Sword . I heard about the book when it first came out but never got a chance to read it. My library re-opened recently, and when I saw it, I knew I had to get it. I even re-read the first book in the series, Shadow of The Fox . I didn’t think that the series could get more interesting. I was wrong. Once more, I’m at a loss for words with this book. I loved Shadow Of The Fox , but it was Soul Of The Sword that had me falling in love with the series. The action, the emotions in this book. I saw it all as I read the book as if I was there along with everyone else. Soul Of The Sword had more action, and there was much more happening than in the first book. I’m already looking forward to the last book: Night Of The Dragon ; I need to know how it ends; I want to see if they will succeed. 


An exciting twist to the second book, a point of view from Hakaimono's point of view. I have read about powerful demons before, but there were not nearly as powerful as he is. Even Yumeko didn’t realize how powerful he was; until she started fighting him to free Tatsumi. Despite how powerful he was, Yumeko still managed to trick him. Even I didn’t realize how powerful she was with her Kitsune magic. I was rooting for her to beat him, but at the same time, I was afraid that she wouldn’t be able to. It was interesting for a chance to her inside Hakaimono mind, and despite that he was evil, I was curious about him from the moment he was mentioned. I knew that if Yumeko couldn’t beat him, it wouldn’t end well for anyone. When he made that deal with Master Of Demons, I felt that there would be trouble with him if something weren't right. I didn’t realize how much risk. 


Julie Kagawa did it again with that cliffhanger. The one that makes me wish that I had the next book in the series. What Yumeko did for Tatsumi to free him that was incredible. She might not admit it, but she’s in love with him; otherwise why put her own life at risk to free someone? I know that Yumeko has many more challenges ahead of her. I have a strong feeling that things are about to get worse before they get better. I’m not sure how long I can wait to see what adventures and challenges await them next. This series has been an incredible journey so far, and even though I’m sad that it’s about come to an end, I’m anxious to see how it will end for them all.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

Story For Dessert Published @ 2014 by Ipietoon