Aug 5, 2020

All The Flowers In Paris.

☆☆☆
all the flowers in paris.
Sarah jio.

Publisher  Ballantine Books.
Publication Date: August 13,2019.
Genre:  Historical Fiction.
 Format|Pages: Kindle|240.
 Source: Goodreads| Library. 

















 CONTAINS SPOILERS



Two women are connected across time by the city of Paris, a mysterious journal, and shocking secrets, sweeping from World War II to the present--for readers of Sarah's Key.



When Caroline wakes up in a Paris hospital with no memory of her past, she's confused to learn that she's lived a sad, reclusive life for years in a sprawling apartment on the Seine. Slowly regaining vague memories of a man and young child, she vows to piece her life back together--though she can't help but feel she may be in danger. A budding friendship with the chef of a charming nearby restaurant takes her mind off of her foggy past, as does a startling mystery from decades prior...



In Nazi-occupied Paris, young widow Celine lives a quiet life with her father, the local florist, and her daughter, Cosi. When a ruthless German officer discovers the family's Jewish ancestry, he blackmails Celine, forcing her to become his mistress in exchange for the others' safety. The trio plans an escape, but their mission goes horribly awry and Celine's beloved father and daughter are sent away to a cruel fate. Initially distraught, Celine fears the worst. Yet she soon discovers that Cosi has snuck away and followed her into captivity. More motivated than ever, Celine must now fight to hide and protect the person she loves most.



Parallel timelines intersect when Caroline discovers Celine's diary tucked away in a closet, and it is revealed that the walls of her apartment harbor dark secrets. With the help of a local student from the Sorbonne, she realizes that she may have more in common with Celine than she could ever imagine. 




 





Have you read that breaks your heart into pieces, and yet you keep on reading? ALL THE FLOWERS IN THE PARIS was that book for me. It was a story that broke my heart into pieces, but I could not stop. I wanted to see the outcome for Celine and Caroline. Both Caroline and Celine went through pain, though Celine was more terrifying than Caroline’s was. ALL THE FLOWERS IN THE PARIS is a book that I had on my to-read list for a while, but my library did not have it for a while. I am glad that I got to chance to read it. I was happy that I had a break between semesters, giving me time to read more. I do not think I would be able to put the book down even if I had to. I was so captivated by the story that I spent hours reading the book. ALL THE FLOWERS IN THE PARIS is a book that you will find yourself thinking about as you read. You will be attached to the characters, and you will read on so you can find out what will happen with them. The fact that the story was going between World War II and the present time made so much more interested. I loved how the author connected the two characters.



I do not think that I would be able to choose a favorite character. However, I loved Caroline, Celine, and Cosi the most. From the beginning, I did wonder what would happen to Caroline if she remembered, would she turn into a completely different person? Would she remember? As for Celine, I cannot even begin to imagine the horror that she had to go through while being held captive by that German Officer, plus having to hide her daughter Cosi at the same time. Both of them are brave to have to go through something that horrific. ALL THE FLOWERS IN THE PARIS is not an easy novel to read, especially Celine’s story. I did cry. However, it was not all that I did, and I felt anger, fear. All those emotions that were described in the book, I could feel it even if I cannot begin to imagine how it must be. It felt real. I felt as I was there, along with Celine, Cosi. I loved both Caroline and Celine’s stories, and it worked well, going back and forth between the two-time lines.



The ending, I was not expecting it, but it worked so well with this book. I am still thinking about it. Despite the subject, I have a feeling that this is the book that I will come back and re-read in the future. ALL THE FLOWERS IN THE PARIS was the first book that I have read by the author. Now I cannot wait to check rest of her books. If you love historical fiction, ALL THE FLOWERS IN THE PARIS is a must read.



0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

Story For Dessert Published @ 2014 by Ipietoon