Aug 20, 2020

House Of Earth And Blood (Crescent City,#1)




















     

CONTAINS SPOILERS

 

Bound by blood.
Tempted by desire.
Unleashed by destiny.



Bryce Quinlan had the perfect life—working hard all day and partying all night—until a demon murdered her closest friends, leaving her bereft, wounded, and alone. When the accused is behind bars but the crimes start up again, Bryce finds herself at the heart of the investigation. She’ll do whatever it takes to avenge their deaths.



Hunt Athalar is a notorious Fallen angel, now enslaved to the Archangels he once attempted to overthrow. His brutal skills and incredible strength have been set to one purpose—to assassinate his boss’s enemies, no questions asked. But with a demon wreaking havoc in the city, he’s offered an irresistible deal: help Bryce find the murderer, and his freedom will be within reach.



As Bryce and Hunt dig deep into Crescent City’s underbelly, they discover a dark power that threatens everything and everyone they hold dear, and they find, in each other, a blazing passion—one that could set them both free, if they’d only let it.
 



 




Magical. Thrilling. Mysterious.



There are a lot more words that I could use to describe this book, which would take pages. When I found out that SARAH J.MAAS had a new series coming out, I was excited and could not wait to read the book. I have read the first four books in her Throne Of Glass and fell in love with the series. HOUSE OF EARTH AND BLOOD , how do I even begin to explain all the emotions that I am going through? Even though I loved Throne of Glass, I am in love with Crescent City more, at least so far. I have read a few adult fantasy books and series in the past, but nothing like this one. HOUSE OF EARTH AND BLOOD is a book that will have turning page after page. The first few pages of the book are a bit confusing and slow, but it does not take long until everything starts to make sense. It will not take long to get hooked to the story and the characters, afterward you will have a hard time putting it down. I had forced myself a few time to put this book down. As the book progressed, the harder it got me to put the book down, I wanted to see what happened. There was always something happening, keeping you reading late into the night.



Bryce. She is a character that you start-up and not sure about her, not sure if you will end up like her or not. By the end of the book became a favorite character. Out of all the characters in the book, she developed and changed the mos. Bryce went through so much. She lost her friends and her best friend. I cannot even imagine walking on the scene that she walked on when her friends were murdered. I felt her horror, her grief. I know that at first, she was not sure that she was hallucinating due to drugs, but I do believe that it hit her fast, that it was real. I hoped that she would be to find out the truth about Danika and her friend’s murder. The truth was far from what I was expecting. I felt as I should have, but even I did not see that twist coming. I loved the friendship that she had with Danika, the way that the two of them looked out for each other. Their friendship reminded me of my best friend and I, always looking out for each other. Their friendship is the one that will always be there. Even afterward, Bryce still tried to protect her best friend, look out for her.



Bryce and Hunt. I loved their friendship and their relationship from the start. I loved that they did not fall in love from the beginning, but that it developed into it. Their relationship was real. At first, I wasn’t even sure if they liked each other, the way the two of them were always fighting with each other. Of course, Bryce did not make it easy for Hunt, giving him an attitude half of the time. It did not take long to see how much the two of them cared about each other. I wanted them to realize it and be together. However, it seemed as something kept getting in their way. I am eager to find out what happens to them next. Ruhn was another character that I had mixed emotions when I started reading the book. I was not sure if he cared about Bryce or not, or he just pretended to because she was his sister. It did not take long to find out how wrong I was, and by the middle of the book, he became one of my favorites. I hoped that Bryce would see and forgive him.



The last few chapters were my favorites. I read it until I reached the end and afterward wanted to go back and re-read them again. I can still picture it all. I found myself going through the motions for a while after reaching the end. I do feel like ending dragged on for a little bit. Yet, I am blown away and not sure if I can wait a year to see what happens next, might end up re-reading the book again. HOUSE OF EARTH AND BLOOD might had a long wait at the library, but it was worth every single page. Even if you had never read a book by Sarah, you would fall in love with HOUSE OF EARTH AND BLOOD . Be ready to be blown away.






0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

Story For Dessert Published @ 2014 by Ipietoon