May 30, 2024

Daughter Of Mine.

 
 


When Hazel Sharp, daughter of Mirror Lake’s longtime local detective, unexpectedly inherits her childhood home, she’s warily drawn back to the town—and people—she left behind almost a decade earlier. But Hazel’s not the only relic of the past to return: a drought has descended on the region, and as the water level in the lake drops, long-hidden secrets begin to emerge…including evidence that may help finally explain the mystery of her mother’s disappearance. 

 ðŸŒ¼

 Haunting. 


Of all the books by Megan Miranda that I read, this one is my favorite. I was captivated by this book from the very beginning. Daughter of Mine is the type of mystery that you can’t get enough of. Every page had me wondering what was to come next. There is more behind Hazel’s mother leaving all those years ago. I wondered if Caden wanted Hazel to leave it alone because he knew something. I attempted to like Caden and understand why he was so cruel to Hazel, but I couldn’t. It felt like he blamed her for everything. He wasn't a character that was easy to like. I wondered what Caden was hiding. 


Daughter Of Mine was frightening to read, especially at night. I felt Hazel’s fear when she sensed someone at the house, and I found myself looking around my room despite knowing that nobody was there. This was one of the books in which everyone was a suspect, everyone hiding something. I was on the edge of my seat, attempting to figure out along with Hazel who was responsible. Just when I thought I had figured out who it was, Miranda threw another twist our way. Daughter of Mine is a book that will keep you engaged. 


The storyline isn't the only thing that caught my attention; it was also the cover and the title. Even if you've never read any of Megan Miranda's books, the cover alone shows mystery, intriguing your curiosity about the story within. I found the title intriguing, and as I began reading the book, the title made perfect sense. I highly recommend this book to any fans of mystery and thrillers. Be prepared for a thrilling experience!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

Story For Dessert Published @ 2014 by Ipietoon