May 24, 2024

Caraval(Caraval,#1)

 

 

CONTAINS SPOILERS


A legendary competition.
A mesmerizing romance.
An unbreakable bond
between two sisters. 

 
Scarlett Dragna has never left the tiny island where she and her sister, Tella, live with their powerful, and cruel, father. Now Scarlett’s father has arranged a marriage for her, and Scarlett thinks her dreams of seeing Caraval—the faraway, once-a-year performance where the audience participates in the show—are over. 


But this year, Scarlett’s long-dreamt-of invitation finally arrives. With the help of a mysterious sailor, Tella whisks Scarlett away to the show. Only, as soon as they arrive, Tella is kidnapped by Caraval’s mastermind organizer, Legend. It turns out that this season’s Caraval revolves around Tella, and whoever finds her first is the winner. 


Scarlett has been told that everything that happens during Caraval is only an elaborate performance. Nevertheless she becomes enmeshed in a game of love, heartbreak, and magic. And whether Caraval is real or not, Scarlett must find Tella before the five nights of the game are over or a dangerous domino effect of consequences will be set off, and her beloved sister will disappear forever.

🌼 

My reading list has included this book for a long time. It has been circulating for some time, but the initial excitement subsided when I got around to reading it. Once I began reading Caraval, I regretted not picking up this book earlier. The book club's monthly novel pick was Caraval, and I'm thrilled about it. My interest was immediately piqued by Scarlett's letters to Legend at the start of the novel. I wondered if he had ever received them. I couldn't help but wonder why Scarlett was asked to the game as a special guest and to be wary of the invitation. I was always on the edge of my seat, eager to find out what would happen next. 


The novel moves slowly at the beginning while they are still on the island, but it picks up once they get to the game. Once Scarlett reached Caraval and the game began, there wasn't a single dull moment. There were moments in the story when I questioned whether finding Tella was part of the game or if Legend had something darker planned admired Scarlett's determination and her willingness to do anything to find her sister. I've always been fond of books that showcase strong sisterly bonds. Out of all the characters in the book, Scarlett was my favorite. 


I loved the setting of the book; it was both dangerous and magical. It didn’t take me long to realize how dangerous Legend was, and I was afraid of what Scarlett might discover. Jullian was a character I initially disliked but grew to adore. Scarlett and Julian had an immediate connection, although neither wanted to admit it. I've read numerous fantasy books, but Caraval was truly unique, unlike any others I've read. I'm eager to see what awaits us in the next book, Legendary.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

Story For Dessert Published @ 2014 by Ipietoon