Jun 24, 2021

The Faerie Mates(The Faerie Games,#3)

 

                       CONTAINS SPOILERS



In the Faerie Games, it’s kill or be killed. And I’m going to survive, no matter what the cost. 

 
Who will win the next Emperor of the Villa competition? Will I tell Julian that we’re soulmates? And most importantly—will Julian, Cassia, and I defeat Octavia and make it out of the Games alive? 


I’ll do whatever’s necessary to survive. Because I’m Selena Pearce—raised by the leaders of Avalon, born of a powerful witch and a faerie prince, and gifted with magic from Jupiter. 


And I’m not going to let fear control me any longer. 

 

  

Magical. 


I have loved Michelle Madow’s Dark World series since I have read The Vampire Wish years ago. I didn’t think that I could fall in love more with this series. I should have known, Michelle Madow knows a way to draw you into the story and to keep on reading. Dark World is the type of book where it’s hard for you to pull away, there is always something happening, and as a reader, you want to know what’s going to happen next. I loved The Faerie Games from the start, and each book has me craving for me and wanting to see who would win the games, and what would happen if Selena and Julian are the last two left; will they have to fight against each other? It’s the questions that you cannot help but wonder about while you are reading the book. The Faerie Mates was filled with action from the start until the end of the book. That ending, I knew there would be a twist coming towards the end, but even I didn’t see that coming. Now, I am eager to pick up the next book and see what happens with Selena and Julian; if they will succeed. 


I love the relationship between Julian and Selena, it’s no wonder that the two of them are soulmates. I love that no matter what happens in the games and how hard it can get, they are always there for each other, taking care of one another. From the beginning, I have been rooting for them to make it in the games, defeat Octavia, and be with each other. I should know that it would not go the way that they planned. I hope that they succeed on the quest and can be with each other without any more issues. However, I have a feeling that they are about to face more challenges on the way. I did wonder the reason why they were sent on that particular quest, and that ending, it made sense behind it. Let’s hope that Julian and Selena make it to the end. 


Octavia, that was not a character I liked. I don’t think that the character anyone liked. The worst part, it seemed as if nobody could defeat her. The way that she tortured Cassia before she killed her, I was afraid that there was a chance that she would win. I wonder if she would be killed at some point or not. Another character I disliked was Felix; there was something off about him. I didn’t trust him. It seemed that he had everyone fooled, including Octavia. Yet, somehow he managed to convince almost everyone that he was on their side. Every page in The Faerie Mates had something happening, and I kept on turning the pages because I couldn’t seem to stop; I wanted to see how it would end, who would win the games. I’m eager to see what Selena and Julian will have to face next.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

Story For Dessert Published @ 2014 by Ipietoon