Jun 28, 2021

Deadly Betrayals(Risks & Betrayals Duet,#2)

                         ✰

                        CONTAINS SPOILERS



An unexpected discovery leads to new revelations.

  Trisha’s life had already changed before she saved a stranger from a bullet. Their connection began the instant their eyes and lips locked. 


Her feelings have since intensified, along with her desire to help. But nothing prepared her for what would happen on a risky quest for the truth, much less how deep the sinister scheme ran. 


Alexander is still in danger and is nowhere close to solving the mystery. The one person his heart is certain of is Trisha. 


Losing her unleashed the kind of dread he’s never felt before. But he also never anticipated it would give clarity to a painful misunderstanding. 


Fear grows as their relationship strengthens. Still, no matter what, Xander and Trisha will fight together, and more than anything, fight for each other. 

 

   


Mysterious. Adventurous. 


Oh, man. Another book that has my emotions everywhere. I knew that it would be filled with suspense, and yet it still took me by surprise. It seems like Trisha and Xander cannot catch a break, just when they think that they are safe. There wasn’t a single moment in the book where I wasn’t turning the pages. Every page, every chapter had something happening and making you anxious about what’s coming next. I was curious to see what would happen since that ending in Risky Encounters when Trish realized what happened to Xander’s mother. I cannot begin to imagine how it must felt like to be held captive for 15 years; how do you get through something like that? I wondered if the two of them would be able to escape, or would both be trapped in there, for years to come. I was on the edge of my seat, seeing what was going to happen next. The main question is who was behind it and what their motive was. Most of all, what was their motive to keep Diane alive for 15 years. 


The person behind the kidnapping, trying to get Xander killed, and later Trisha. It was the least expected person. He treated everyone with such warmth, making sure that they had everything they needed, knowing where their mother was all those years. I knew that he wanted revenge for what happened to his parents, and most of all seemed as he wanted Diane, all to himself, that’s going too far. He even went as far as to blame Xander’s father for almost everything that was happening. It even convinced me that he might be behind it. The first book, Risky Encounters , had a lot of suspense, but I felt that this one had even more; there was more mystery behind in Deadly Betrayals . I couldn’t get enough of the story, and I wanted to see what would happen, how it would end. 


I don’t think that Trisha and Xander would make it as far as they did if they didn’t have each other. I know that Trisha’s friends and mother disapproved, and I don’t blame them. Trisha did end up in a lot of danger from the moment that she met Xander. On the other hand, they were there for one another. It was clear how much the two of them loved each other. I just hoped that Trisha’s friend and mother see that and would come to their senses. I was hoping that all of the danger would come to an end soon, so Trisha and Xander could be together safely. This is not a book you can put down. You will be thinking about it long after you reach the last page. 


Do you love romance with suspense twists? I would highly recommend Deadly Betrayals. Be prepared for a thrilling ride!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

Story For Dessert Published @ 2014 by Ipietoon