Aug 8, 2023

Just The Nicest Couple.

 


Two couples, two close friends, one missing husband…

 
Jake Hayes is missing. This much is certain. At first, his wife, Nina, thinks he is blowing off steam at a friend’s house after their heated fight the night before. But then a day goes by. Two days. Five. And Jake is still nowhere to be found. 


Lily Scott, Nina’s friend and coworker, thinks she may have been the last to see Jake before he went missing. After Lily confesses everything to her husband, Christian, the two decide that nobody can find out what happened leading up to Jake’s disappearance, especially not Nina. But Nina is out there looking for her husband, and she won’t stop until the truth is discovered. 


Queen of suspense Mary Kubica delivers a high-octane, edge-of-your-seat thriller filled with delicious lies and shocking betrayals, and shows how even the deepest secrets will always find a way to the surface.

    

There is so much to be said about this book. I’m still figuring out the best way to describe everything that I have read. I knew that Just The Nicest Couple would be intense book to read, based on the synopsis of the book. I have read Local Woman Missing last year and loved it, and when found out she has new book coming out, I put it on hold. Based on the amount of wait list, I was curious about the book, about why it was this popular. I have read few mysteries through the years, some better than others. I haven’t read anything like Just The Nicest Couple , and I can tell why this book is popular. There was tension, in every page, every chapter that had you on the edge of your seat constantly. It got to the point where I had force myself to put the book down, otherwise I would be up all night. Up until the last few chapters, I wondered if the truth was finally going to be recovered. I did not see the ending coming. 


I wondered about the title, but the fact that it told stories of two couples, making more sense. The cover is haunting, looking at the cover you know that something bad is going to happen, or has happened. When Lily was introduced, I knew that she was hiding something, just the way that she was acting. I figured maybe she saw what had happened to Jake, but what she told him. Christian, he loved Lily, despite how far he had gone, to make sure that nobody would figure out what she has done. However, I had a feeling that there was something else that Lily wasn’t telling Christian, but I couldn’t quite figure out what it was. I wondered how long it would take Lily’s friend Nina to put two and two and figure out what Lily done, and what would happen to Lily once it was discovered. I was on edge of my seat most of the book. 


Being told from Christian and Nina’s point of view, made the book much more interesting to read. The two of them were such different people, that had different emotions. I loved Local Woman Missing but loved this one even more, it’s one of the best murder mysteries that I have read this year. I am eager to see what adventures Mary Kubica will take us on next.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

Story For Dessert Published @ 2014 by Ipietoon