Aug 5, 2023

The Royals Next Door.

 

 
 CONTAINS SPOILERS
 


Piper Evans: elementary school teacher by day--avid romance reader and anonymous podcaster by night. She lives a quiet, reclusive life, taking care of her mother, who struggles with mental illness, avoiding her regrettable ex, who bartends in town, and trying to make inroads in the tight-knit island community that still sees her, five years in, as an outsider. 


And she's happy with how things are--really--until British royals rent the property next to hers and their brooding bodyguard decides she's a security threat. Piper quickly realizes that one person's fairy tale is an ordinary woman's nightmare as a media frenzy takes over the island and each run-in with Harrison Cole is hotter and more confusing than the last. But beneath Harrison's no-nonsense exterior lies a soft heart, one that could tempt a woman who's sworn off attachments into believing in white knights. 


But when Piper finds herself smack in the middle of a royal scandal that rocks the island she'll need more than Harrison's strong arms to shield her--she'll have to do a little rescuing herself. With careers, hearts, and friendships on the line, Piper and Harrison will have to decide what they're willing to give up for a chance at their own happily ever after. 

  

 

I love books that deal with royalty, and I have read few differed versions through the years. While I was at library, getting new library card since we moved, I came across Royals Next Door. How can the title like that not catch your attention? I picked up the book and read the synopsis of the book, and right then I knew that I was going to check the book out, wanting to see what was going to happen. The Royals Next Door keeps your attention from the first page, however there are few parts in the book that are slow or feel as if they are dragging on too long. It doesn’t take long to get captured by the story, and the characters. I knew that the moment the Royals move in next door, that Piper’s life is about to change in a big way. Every chapter has me wondering what will happen next and wonder what would happen to Piper and Harrison once they leave. 


I felt the tension between Harrison and Piper from the moment that the two of them met. I wondered if that’s why the two of them got on each other never, because they tried to deny the attraction between the two of them. I think that everyone was aware how the two of them felt about each other before they did. Despite denying it at first, I could tell how much Harrison felt about Piper, by the way that he tried protecting her when others started giving her a hard time. Once they did admit the feelings for each other, I wondered if their relationship would last. Harrison and Piper tried to keep it private, but I knew that they would discovered, and I wondered how the others would feel about their relationship. All through the book, I hoped that the two of them would find a way to stay together. 


Piper is strong, and I couldn’t help but love her. She went through so much once the Royals moved in next door, plus having take care of her mother. I loved how Harrison was with Piper’s mom and how he accepted her right away, I believe that is one of reasons that Piper fell in love with him. My favorite part was how Piper stood up for herself when she went ‘under review’ with school board for her behavior. It’s clear how much she loved her job, and how she tried to protect it, and herself. There were few slow parts in the book, but in general it’s a book I finished in one sitting, unable to put it down. Highly recommended to any romance, chick-lit fans
.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

Story For Dessert Published @ 2014 by Ipietoon