Feb 7, 2022

Things I Should Have Said.

 

    CONTAINS SPOILERS

 You’ve read the headlines, but you don’t know Jamie Lynn Spears. The world first met Jamie Lynn as a child star, when it was her job to perform, both on set and for the press. She spent years escaping into different characters on All That and Zoey 101. But as she grew up, faced a teen pregnancy, raised her daughter on her own, pursued a career, and learned to stand on her own two feet, the real Jamie Lynn started to take center stage– a raw, blemished, and imperfect woman, standing in her own power. 


Despite growing up in one of America's most tabloid-famous families, Jamie Lynn has never told her story in her own words. In Things I Should Have Said, she talks frankly about the highs and lows, sharing what it was like traveling the world as a kid, how she moved into acting and performing herself, what life as a child star took from her, and the life-changing reality of becoming a teen mom. She talks about how she finally found love and how the mistakes she has made have taught her more than anything else. She also shares vulnerably about how the ATV accident that nearly took her daughter's life brought her back to her faith and caused her to reevaluate and redirect her life. 

 

  

Heartfelt. 


I hate that people are giving Jamie a hard time because of Britney. I feel as half of them didn’t take the time to read the book. I had loved Jamie Lynn Spears since I was her on Zoey 101 years ago, and I still remember watching the show after school. So when I found out that she was writing a book, I was excited. The beginning of the book started slow for me, but after the first chapter, it picked up. After the first chapter, it was hard for me to put the book down as I read late into the night. I am surprised at how many low and negative comments there are. I might not know Jamie Lynn Spears personally, but I could relate to this book. I loved the writing style and how Jamie told us her story. As I read the book, I felt all the emotions that she felt while writing the book. 


Like Jamie, I experienced anxiety and depression. My struggles were different from hers, but that was the book I could relate to the most. The hardest part for me to get through was the chapter about Maddie’s accident. I had briefly read about the accident when it happened but didn’t know too many details. I can’t even begin to imagine going through that and then writing about it. It was heartbreaking to read what was happening with Maddie. I’m so glad that she made it through it. Things I Should Have Said , I don’t think I can’t gather all my emotions to describe how much I loved it, one of the best memoirs that I have read. I wish people would give this book a chance; Jamie was not responsible for what happened with Britney. It’s clear from the book how much she adores her big sister. 


Highly recommend checking out.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

Story For Dessert Published @ 2014 by Ipietoon