Feb 16, 2022

Big Little Lies.

 

                                      CONTAINS SPOILERS



A murder...A tragic accident...Or just parents behaving badly? What’s indisputable is that someone is dead. 


Madeline is a force to be reckoned with. She’s funny, biting, and passionate; she remembers everything and forgives no one. Celeste is the kind of beautiful woman who makes the world stop and stare but she is paying a price for the illusion of perfection. New to town, single mom Jane is so young that another mother mistakes her for a nanny. She comes with a mysterious past and a sadness beyond her years. These three women are at different crossroads, but they will all wind up in the same shocking place.

 

 



Mysterious. Tragic. Memorable. 


A good friend told me about Liane Moriarty books, but I have not had a chance to read any. I saw Nine Perfect Strangers on Hulu few months before, and loved the storyline. While surfing my library online, I came across Big Little Lies and glanced at the summary of the book, and right away, I was hooked. The beginning is what draws you to the book more, and have you wondering: 'what happened? Who was killed, and who is behind it?' . I love it when the story starts with a mystery. I was curious which of the parents it was and if there was a reason behind it or planned. There were a few slow parts in the first couple of chapters when the characters were being introduced, but soon I found myself unable to pull myself away from the story. Since I was curious, I could not help but wonder if one of those parents was involved in what happened. There was so much mystery surrounding each of the families. 


I loved how Liane Moriarty set up the book's timeline, going back a few months before the event had occurred. It gave us a chance to get an opportunity to get to know each of the parents. If I were asked to choose a favorite one, I do not think I would decide. Madeline, Jane, and Celeste were unique in their ways, and each of them was struggling with something. However, it was one of the things that brought them close together. I am glad that the three of them had each other, and no matter what was happening, they were there and stood by each other. The three of them reminded me of friendships with my best friends, a company that lasts forever. I hoped that one of them would see what was happening with Celeste and what her husband was doing. I never liked the one character, and I hoped that Celeste would get away from him before he killed her. 


I try not to dislike characters that are children, but I was not too fond of Abigail or how she treated Madeline. I am aware that she is a teenager, but it still gives her no right to disrespect her mother. Max, I did not see that coming; the revelation also came as a shock to me. A lot was going on in the book, and before I even realized it, I read way past midnight. I liked that the interviews of a few different parents were included in the book, making the story even more interesting to read. The ending had such a twist, I was in shock for some time, especially about what happened. I love books with unexpected twists. Now that I have read the book, I am eager to check out the TV show. 


I would highly recommend this to anyone who loves thrillers. Big Little Lies is not just a thriller but a story about friendship, family, love, and survival.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

Story For Dessert Published @ 2014 by Ipietoon