Feb 16, 2022

These Broken Stars (Starbound,#1)

                       

                      CONTAINS SPOILERS



It's a night like any other on board the Icarus. Then, catastrophe strikes: the massive luxury spaceliner is yanked out of hyperspace and plummets into the nearest planet. Lilac LaRoux and Tarver Merendsen survive. And they seem to be alone. 


Lilac is the daughter of the richest man in the universe. Tarver comes from nothing, a young war hero who learned long ago that girls like Lilac are more trouble than they’re worth. But with only each other to rely on, Lilac and Tarver must work together, making a tortuous journey across the eerie, deserted terrain to seek help. 


Then, against all odds, Lilac and Tarver find a strange blessing in the tragedy that has thrown them into each other’s arms. Without the hope of a future together in their own world, they begin to wonder—would they be better off staying here forever? 


Everything changes when they uncover the truth behind the chilling whispers that haunt their every step. Lilac and Tarver may find a way off this planet. But they won’t be the same people who landed on it. It's a night like any other on board the Icarus. Then, catastrophe strikes: the massive luxury spaceliner is yanked out of hyperspace and plummets into the nearest planet. Lilac LaRoux and Tarver Merendsen survive. And they seem to be alone. 

 

 

These Broken Stars is one of those books that I did not have high expectations of since I was unfamiliar with either of the authors. I should have. I have read multiple science fiction books through the years, but nothing like this, and I am having trouble describing my emotions in this one; there are so many. I always loved survival stories and read a few of those in the past. Those are the types of stories that hook you right from the start. These Broken Stars was not just a survival story but had a mystery and science fiction added to the mix, and I could not help but fall in love with it. There was so much happening in this story, every page, every chapter, and I found myself unable to stop because I wanted to see what would happen next. I wanted to see if Lilac and Tarver would get rescued and what would happen to the two of them after. 


Lilac and Tarver. I should see it coming, yet it still came as a surprise that they ended up together. The way that the two of them met and how they seemed to get on each other's nerves, I did not see them together. I had a feeling that they tolerated each other because they had no other choice. As time passed, I noticed an attraction starting to form between the two of them. I wondered if their relationship would last once they were rescued. I had felt that Lilac’s father would not be happy with their relationship and would send Tarver away the way he sent Lilac’s first love away. I loved how the relationship between Lilac and Tarver took time, making the relationship feel more realistic to me. I was rooting for them to find a way to be with each other. There were times when I wondered if they would be rescued. 


I loved that there was an interview before each new chapter with Tarver. I wondered if they knew that he was lying. These Broken Stars is not a type of book that you will be able to put down. Every single page will have you craving more. If you love fantasy, with some romance and adventure in the mix, I would highly recommend checking this book out.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

Story For Dessert Published @ 2014 by Ipietoon