Mar 23, 2021

Bookish And The Beast(Once Upon A Con,#3)

                        ✰

                                          CONTAINS SPOILERS


Rosie Thorne is feeling stuck—on her college application essays, in her small town, and on that mysterious General Sond cosplayer she met at ExcelsiCon. Most of all, she’s stuck in her grief over her mother’s death. Her only solace was her late mother’s library of rare Starfield novels, but even that disappeared when they sold it to pay off hospital bills. 


On the other hand, Vance Reigns has been Hollywood royalty for as long as he can remember—with all the privilege and scrutiny that entails. When a tabloid scandal catches up to him, he's forced to hide out somewhere the paparazzi would never expect to find him: Small Town USA. At least there’s a library in the house. Too bad he doesn’t read. 


When Rosie and Vance’s paths collide and a rare book is accidentally destroyed, Rosie finds herself working to repay the debt. And while most Starfield superfans would jump at the chance to work in close proximity to the Vance Reigns, Rosie has discovered something about Vance: he’s a jerk, and she can’t stand him. The feeling is mutual. 


But as Vance and Rosie begrudgingly get to know each other, their careful masks come off—and they may just find that there’s more risk in shutting each other out than in opening their hearts. 

 

 


Magical. 


Once again, I shouldn’t be surprised. This series…I cannot get enough. If I were asked which of the three is my favorite, I wouldn’t respond since I love them all. I have loved this series since I came across the series in 2019. I love Beauty and the Beast and was excited about the chance to read this book. Of course, I loved that Bookish and the Beast featured a bookworm, reminding me of myself. If it weren’t for school, I would be content to spend all my day reading. Even though Rosie and Vance get on each other nerves, I could see the connection between the two of them. I wondered if they seemed to be fighting because they did not want to admit their feelings. I wondered which one of them would figure out first. Once Rosie finds out that Vance was the guy she came across ExcelsiCon, there would be no denying it. I was proven wrong once again. I did wonder what would happen if Vance told her sooner, that he knew. Suppose something might spark between the two of them sooner. 


I loved the other two books in the series, however Bookish And The Beast was my favorite of the three books. There was something about Vance and Rosie, and I couldn’t seem to get enough of their story. I wanted the two of them to stop fighting and be with each other. At first, I did not think that Vance would feel anything towards Rosie, based on how he treated her and acted around her. Unless all of that was an act. I knew how much he cared about her after what he did for her. I couldn’t help but smile at that part, and I could only imagine what Rosie felt during that time. Of course, everything had to fall apart after that. As always, I was hoping that the two would find a way back to each other. Bookish And The Beast was one of the most inspirational books from the series; my emotions were everywhere. I loved that the characters from the other books appeared in this one. 


Do you love fairytales? Retellings? This is one series to check out. I feel as if I am returning to all of my favorite fairytales with a twist. I’m eager to see what adventures Ashley Poston will take us next. A remarkable journ

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

Story For Dessert Published @ 2014 by Ipietoon