Feb 9, 2021

Risky Encounters (Risks & Betrayals Duet,#1)

                         ✰

                                            CONTAINS SPOILERS


One unforgettable night forges a connection steeped in passion and danger. 

 
It started as a dare that led to a steamy kiss. 


Trisha Hartman never expected to end her birthday night-out throwing herself in the path of a bullet to save a man she doesn’t even know. 


Alexander Westerfield is blown away by a fiery moment with a beautiful stranger. Considering she hurried off right after, he convinced himself the woman had no further interest. Then she does something quite heroic that causes him to desire her more. 


The chance of a romance proves to be difficult when threats arise at every turn, and exposing the culprit behind the plot seems impossible. But after several attempts on Xander’s life, doubts start to set in, and he wonders if he may have placed his trust in the wrong person. 

 

 

 

 

Adventurous. Mysterious. Exhilarating. 


Oh, man. How do I begin? I know that it should not take me by surprise anymore. I have been reading Shane Morgan books since 2014. Every time that I read her books, I fall in love with the story. Risky Encounters wasn’t any different. I could not put the book down, and one of the reasons I finished the book one day. Some books have a point where you can stop and then come back. Risky Encounters every page, every chapter will have you wondering what’s going to happen next. Risky Encounters is mysterious and seems that anywhere that Alexander is, there’s danger following him. I am looking forward to the next book already, especially after that ending. I knew that there was a cliffhanger, but it wasn’t the one I was expecting. I think that I was as shocked as Trisha was at that discovery. I am eager to find out what’s going to happen afterward. 


Xander and Trisha. I loved the two of them, and I loved the connection the two of them have. I wonder if it’s the connection that Trisha felt and why she came to his rescue. It takes a lot to save someone that you don’t know, and there is a chance that she could get killed in the process. I had a feeling that he had some feeling for her, to let her kiss him on the dare. Once she saved him, his emotions got deeper. At first, I wondered if he liked her or thought he wanted her because she saved him. As time passed, I could see how much he cared about her and how he tried to protect her. However, no matter how he wanted to keep her safe, there was still someone there after him. I could tell that it was hard for Trisha to end things with him, but I understood why she did it. Trisha did not feel safe, and whoever was after him might come after her because they were together. It broke my heart for both. I hope that they find a way to be together. 


Bryson. I liked him at the beginning of the story, and I liked the close relationship he had with Xander. I think that Xander needed someone like Bryson, someone that he could talk to. As time passed, I started to get a bad vibe from Bryson. He began to act a bit weird and not like himself. I couldn’t blame Trisha for being suspicious, and I would be too if I were in her situation. I know that he is hiding something; I hope it has nothing to do with what has been happening. Xander’s heart will be shattered if Bryson was involved. Right now, I have mixed feelings about him, having a bad feeling. I’m eager to find out what Bryson has been up to and the reason behind it. The emotions in this book; so vivid. I felt myself feeling all those emotions. 


I love romance, and I love mystery. Risky Encounters is an amazing mix of the two. If you love both genres, be sure to pick up a copy today. Outstanding Story.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

Story For Dessert Published @ 2014 by Ipietoon