Feb 1, 2021

Eleanor Oliphant Is Completly Fine.

                        ✰

                                          CONTAINS SPOILERS


No one's ever told Eleanor that life should be better than fine

 
Meet Eleanor Oliphant: she struggles with appropriate social skills and tends to say exactly what she's thinking. Nothing is missing in her carefully timetabled life of avoiding unnecessary human contact, where weekends are punctuated by frozen pizza, vodka, and phone chats with Mummy. 


But everything changes when Eleanor meets Raymond, the bumbling and deeply unhygienic IT guy from her office. When she and Raymond together save Sammy, an elderly gentleman who has fallen, the three rescue one another from the lives of isolation that they had been living. Ultimately, it is Raymond's big heart that will help Eleanor find the way to repair her own profoundly damaged one. If she does, she'll learn that she, too, is capable of finding friendship—and even love—after all. 


Smart, warm, uplifting, Eleanor Oliphant Is Completely Fine is the story of an out-of-the-ordinary heroine whose deadpan weirdness and unconscious wit make for an irresistible journey as she realizes. . .

the only way to survive is to open your heart 

 


 

Heartbreaking. Inspirational.

 I have heard about Eleanor Oliphant Is Completely Fine for some time. As some time passed, I noticed more were picking up the book and craving about the story. I was curious; so, I got a copy from my library. I was hooked within the first chapter of the book. Eleanor Oliphant Is Completely Fine is unlike any other book that I have read; it will have you turning the pages for hours. This book that I wished I picked up sooner than I had, a book that I will read again in the future. Of course, I was curious about the title, but once I started to read the book, it made so much sense. Eleanor is an extraordinary character and unlike everyone else. It seems as she has trouble fitting in, and it looks as if she is okay with the routine that she has. From reading the summary, I knew that it was about to change, but how would it affect Eleanor? At first, I felt as if she seemed to have a bit trouble adjusting to her new routine after meeting Raymond. Eleanor needed that, a friend. 


I wondered if something would happen between Raymond and Eleanor when the two of them met. As the book progressed and I observed their communication, I knew nothing there was but a friendship. I did not feel any spark of attraction between the two of them. I felt as two of them were meant to be friends. I loved the friendship that the two of them developed, and it's all because they helped Sammy. Communication did not always come easy to Eleanor. However, when she was around Raymond, she seemed more comfortable around him. I'm glad that Eleanor came across Raymond and that the two of them became friends. When she went downhill, he was there for her, and he's the one that convinced her to get help. It seemed that Eleanor had a lot of the information that she held back, even ones I was not aware of. 


Since the fire was mentioned, and Eleanor mentioned she was in foster care. I wondered what happened, what her mom had done. The way that Eleanor talked to her mother, despite how her mother reacted. It had never occurred that the conversation could be in Eleanor's imagination. The revelation about her mother, what she has done, and what happened to her, I did not see coming. I loved the narration, and it felt as I was getting inside Eleanor's head. Eleanor Oliphant Is Completely Fine is different from any other books. My emotions were everywhere as I read the book. I was eager to see how it will end for her; at the same time, I didn't want it to end. I could not get the book out of my mind; long after I reached the end. I was blown away. I fell in love. Highly recommended.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

Story For Dessert Published @ 2014 by Ipietoon