Dec 9, 2020

Escaping From Houdini(Stalking Jack The Ripper,#3)

                                                               

 CONTAINS SPOILERS


Audrey Rose Wadsworth and her partner-in-crime-investigation, Thomas Cresswell, are en route to New York to help solve another blood-soaked mystery. Embarking on a week-long voyage across the Atlantic on the opulent RMS Etruria, they're delighted to discover a traveling troupe of circus performers, fortune tellers, and a certain charismatic young escape artist entertaining the first-class passengers nightly. 


But then, privileged young women begin to go missing without explanation, and a series of brutal slayings shocks the entire ship. The disturbing influence of the Moonlight Carnival pervades the decks as the murders grow ever more freakish, with nowhere to escape except the unforgiving sea. 


It's up to Audrey Rose and Thomas to piece together the gruesome investigation as even more passengers die before reaching their destination. But with clues to the next victim pointing to someone she loves, can Audrey Rose unravel the mystery before the killer's horrifying finale? 

 

 

 

Enchanting. 


I did not imagine that the series could get any better. I should know better. I'm in love with the series, the characters, and the mystery. Another series that I am having trouble expressing all my emotions. As you know, I loved the first two books in the series, but once I read ESCAPING FROM HOUDINI, which became my new favorite from the series. Since the last book, I wondered where Audrey Rose and Thomas would end, which mystery they will solve. By now, I should guess that there would be twists that I would not see coming. The twists are one of my favorite parts of the series, it keeps the mystery going, and as reading, it will keep you wondering. You will wonder who the next victim will be; the killer's motive is behind all these murders. As I read the other books in the series, as the mystery got resolved, there was a motive behind the murders. When the guests on the ship started to get killed, I wondered if there was a reason behind the murders. Of course, I was curious who the murderer was. 


I loved that this mystery took place on the ship. When you are out at sea, there is not much escape, except overboard. All the details in the book were vivid, and I felt that I was there, along with Thomas, Audrey Rose, trying to figure out why the guests were getting killed on the ship. I had a feeling that if they did not figure out soon, they would be the killer's next victims. I was curious if the killer was one of the ship's guests or possibly someone from the performers. The killer was not the person that I was expecting to be. That what I love about mystery books like these; it will keep you guessing until the end. Afterward, you will have a hard time to believe who the killer was. ESCAPING FROM HOUDINI had non-stop action, every page had something going on. Just when you were ready to put the book down, another twist had you turning the pages. 


Thomas. I fell in love with him in the second book. Now, he is one of those characters that I wished existed in real life. I want someone like Thomas in my life. It was clear before how much he cared for Audrey Rose before, but you can see how in love he is with her in this book. He knew that she was doing something, yet he did not ask too many questions. It was clear that he was curious, especially when she seemed to bond with the Mephistophes, the show leader. In the beginning, I wasn't sure what to think about him, how to feel about him. As the book progressed, I started to like him. Even if Audrey Rose would not admit it, he grew to care about her. I feel that Audrey Rose might care about him too, but she didn't love him. Not like Thomas. She and Thomas belonged together. I hoped that in the end, she would come to that realization too. I am wondering if Mephistophes can make an appearance in the final book. I loved all the pictures that were featured all through this book. For me, that made the book more real. 


Once again, I am amazed by this series. I was on the edge of my seat the entire time. After I reached the end of ESCAPING HOUDINI , I picked the next book, wanting to see how all of this would end. I cannot wait to see how their adventures will end. On the other hand, I am sad that it is coming to an end. Stalking Jack The Ripper Is one of the best mysteries that I read this year. A series that I will be returning to in the future. After finishing this series, I am eager to check KERRI MANISCALCO other series, she's the author to watch out for.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

Story For Dessert Published @ 2014 by Ipietoon