Nov 30, 2020

Hunting Prince Dracula(Stalking Jack The Ripper,#2)

 

                              


 

 

Following the grief and horror of her discovery of Jack the Ripper's true identity, Audrey Rose Wadsworth has no choice but to flee London and its memories. Together with the arrogant yet charming Thomas Cresswell, she journeys to the dark heart of Romania, home to one of Europe's best schools of forensic medicine... and to another notorious killer, Vlad the Impaler, whose thirst for blood became legend. 


But her life's dream is soon tainted by blood-soaked discoveries in the halls of the school's forbidding castle, and Audrey Rose is compelled to investigate the strangely familiar murders. What she finds brings all her terrifying fears to life once again.
In this New York Times bestselling sequel to Kerri Maniscalco's haunting #1 debut Stalking Jack the Ripper, bizarre murders are discovered in the castle of Prince Vlad the Impaler, otherwise known as Dracula. Could it be a copycat killer...or has the depraved prince been brought back to life? 

 

 

 Magnificat. Magical. Those are only a couple of words to describe HUNTING PRINCE DRACULA . I should know after reading STALKING JACK THE RIPPER over the summer. I was curious about Audrey Rose and how she dealt with Jack The Ripper's identity's shocking discovery. I cannot believe that I waited this long to read the next book in the series. I loved the first book, but this one… was the one that made me fall in love with the series and Thomas. I liked him in the first book, but after reading HUNTING PRINCE DRACULA he became one of my favorite characters, besides Audrey Rose. Since the ending of the first book, I wondered how the two of them would do at the school, what adventures they would have to face there. I loved all the descriptions. KERRI MANISCALO has such vivid descriptions of what was happening, the atmosphere. It was easy to picture the school, Romania, despite never being there. After reading the book, I wanted to go to Romania for a chance to explore it myself. 


I loved how the book kept you guessing. The suspense remained all through the end, up until the shocking discovery. It was like a real mystery, where you wonder who the killer is, up until the end. This type of puzzle is my favorites. My favorite parts were when Thomas and Audrey Rose were gathering up clues, trying to figure out what was going on. After what happened last time, I did not think that Audrey Rose would want to involve in another mystery. I would never guess the identity of the real killer. I am not sure if I want to believe it. I don't think that I have the words to describe how I felt, once the truth was discovered. Now I am eager to see what happens with Audrey Rose and Thomas next. I loved the scenes between Thomas and Audrey Rose the most; it's clear to anybody who is reading how crazy they are about each other. All through the book, I was waiting for them to figure it out for themselves. I wanted them to figure it out. 


Don't you love the titles? That was one of the first things I noticed about the books. I am glad that I picked up and read it. A series that I could get lost in. I was wishing that I was reading while I was doing homework. I wanted to keep on reading until the end. I found myself transformed into the castle, trying to solve the mystery along with Audrey Rose and Thomas. HUNTING PRINCE DRACULA is not a book you can forget, it's a book that you will be telling all your friends about. I was. As I read the book, I found myself remembering all the Anatomy terms I had studied in my Anatomy class this semester. For me, it was easy to understand because I knew what they were talking about. I could not get enough of the story; I was on the edge of my seat until the end. I cannot wait to see where their next case will take them.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

Story For Dessert Published @ 2014 by Ipietoon