Nov 19, 2020

Three Hours In Paris.

  

  

  CONTAINS SPOILERS

  Kate Rees, a young American markswoman, has been recruited by British intelligence to drop into Paris with a dangerous assignment: assassinate the Führer. Wrecked by grief after a Luftwaffe bombing killed her husband and infant daughter, she is armed with a rifle, a vendetta, and a fierce resolve. But other than rushed and rudimentary instruction, she has no formal spy training. Thrust into the red-hot center of the war, a country girl from rural Oregon finds herself holding the fate of the world in her hands. When Kate misses her mark and the plan unravels, Kate is on the run for her life—all the time wrestling with the suspicion that the whole operation was a set-up. 


Cara Black, doyenne of the Parisian crime novel, is at her best as she brings Occupation-era France to vivid life in this gripping story about one young woman with the temerity—and drive take on Hitler himself.
 

 

 


 When I came across this book at the library, I didn't know what to expect. I had not read this author before. I am always eager to check new authors. Some of my favorites, that's how I discovered them, by coming across their book. I enjoyed this book, just not the way that I thought I would. I love historical fiction, and especially books that take place during World War 2. There were interesting parts in the book that wanted me to keep on reading. This year, I read a few books that dealt with resistance, and it's a fascinating subject for me to read about. That was one of my favorite parts of these books. You couldn't help but wonder if Kate would get caught, and what would happen to her if she did. Would she break under pressure? I thought that Kate was a strong character and dedicated. Not once did she give up. I loved her character from the start. Kate was the one character who developed the most in the story. 


Twists, that was another that I loved in the story. THREE HOURS IN PARIS had few unexpected twists that even I did not see coming. They had me turning the pages to see what would happen next to her husband and daughter. I could not imagine how she felt, how heartbroken she was. To lose her family in one night. It's no wonder that she was angry. If it were me, I would not have made it as far as she had. I did feel that the book was a bit slow and a bit too long for my taste. There were parts of the book that thought that they were dragging on. I enjoyed reading the book, and there were relatively few exciting parts that made the book enjoyable to read. However, it was not the best book that I read about World War 2. If you like historical fiction, it is a book that is worth giving a try.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

Story For Dessert Published @ 2014 by Ipietoon