Dec 24, 2018

Sisterhood Everlasting(Sisterhood,#5)

☆☆☆
sisterhood everlasting.
Sisterhood, #5
 ann brashares

Publisher  Random House.
Publication Date: March 6,2012
Genre:YA Contemporary Romance.
 Format|Pages: EBook|349.
 Source:  Goodreads|Owned.











CONTAINS SPOILERS




Four friends
One sisterhood
Ten years later, the story continues



On the cusp of turning thirty, Tibby, Lena, Carmen, and Bridget are now living separate lives, out on their own. Yet despite having jobs and men that they love, each knows that something is missing: the closeness that once sustained them. Carmen is a successful actress in New York, engaged to be married, but misses her friends. Lena finds solace in her art, teaching in Rhode Island, but still thinks of Kostos and the road she didn’t take. Bridget lives with her longtime boyfriend, Eric, in San Francisco, and though a part of her wants to settle down, a bigger part can’t seem to shed her old restlessness.



Then Tibby reaches out to bridge the distance, sending the others plane tickets for a reunion that they all breathlessly await. And indeed, it will change their lives forever—but in ways that none of them could ever have expected. 








Oh man. How do I even begin to explain? This book was…breathtaking, heart aching. A story that will stay with you after you turn the last page.



SISTERHOOD OF TRAVELING PANTS is one of my favorite series, one that I could re-read multiple times and not get tired of it. I seem to fall in love with it more. I have heard about the 5th book, SISTERHOOD EVARLASTING a while back, and since I decided to re-read the series, I finally got around to reading. What happened, was unexpected, I think that I was in as much shock as Carmen, Bridget and Lena were. I even re-read once, to make sure that I read right. Out of all the books in the series, SISTERHOOD EVERLASTING was the most emotional one for me. I loved Tibby since the first book and there were still times that I couldn’t believe what happened. I wanted to cry and grieve along with Carmen, Bridget and Lena. I can’t imagine losing a friend a way that they lost her. Also I wondered, since Tibby left all those letters, it had me wondering, if she knew it was going to happen. Was it an accident? What was discovered was not what I had expected at all. There were a lot of emotions that went through me while I was reading this book. Despite the emotions in this book, I couldn’t put it down. Anytime that I tried, something else happened that had me reading for the next few hours.



I wondered, if Bridget would change mind about her baby, once she spent some time with Tibby’s daughter, Bailey. The two of them seemed to create a bond fast. I know that spending time with Bailey, she was the reason she changed her mind. I loved that Brian and Tibby named their daughter after their friend, Bailey, a great way to honor her. Most of all I was curious if Kostos and Lena would reunite and finally get together. It’s clear that two of them belong together. It’s a bit frustrating how they kept going back and forth. It’s clear to anyone, how much they love each other. SISTERHOOD EVARLASTING is the book I wondered about, from the moment that I finished the 4th book for first time. At first I was bit hesitant, since it takes 10 years after last book. I ended up falling in love with it, like all the other books. I always wondered how all of them would end up like when they are older. Despite what happened, I was glad that they were able to reunite again. I’m still thinking about the story. It seems as I can’t get enough of their story.



Do you enjoy young adult? Books about friendship, love? Then this is a series that you should pick up. Once you do, be prepared for emotional, thrilling roller coaster ride.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

Story For Dessert Published @ 2014 by Ipietoon