Medical student Amy Brenner is spending the night on a locked psychiatric ward.
Amy has been dreading her evening working on Ward D, the hospital’s inpatient mental health unit. There are very specific reasons why she never wanted to do this required overnight rotation. Reasons nobody can ever find out.
And as the hours tick by, Amy grows increasingly convinced something terrible is happening within these tightly secured walls. When patients and staff start to vanish without a trace, it becomes clear that everyone on the unit is in grave danger.
Amy’s worst nightmare was spending the night on Ward D.
And now she might never escape.
🌷
I shouldn't be surprised by how intense this book is, considering it's not the first book I've read by Freida McFadden. Once again, Freida took me by surprise. Ward D was such an intense book. I did feel that the first few chapters were slow. However, once Amy arrived on Ward D, everything started spinning out of control, and I found myself glued to the pages of the book. I was so invested in the story; I didn’t even realize how much time had passed. I needed to find out what had happened to Amy next, and, of course, I wondered who in Ward D was responsible for everything that had happened.
I enjoyed the way Freida transitioned between the present and the past, and the way she intertwined the story. I didn’t trust Jade, especially after the way she acted the last time Amy visited her. I just had a bad feeling about her. Honestly, I was surprised that Amy had been friends with her for as long as she had, considering how she acted. I do understand why, though. There were quite a few suspicious characters in this book, and just when I thought I figured it out, another twist had me reconsidering everything.
I've seen mixed reviews about Ward D, but I love reading any book that features mental health representation. Every chapter had something happening, and it had me on the edge of my seat. I found myself thinking about it after I turned the last page, and even recommending it to my friends. I feel like Ward D was one of her most intense books. Highly recommend it.
0 comments:
Post a Comment