Oct 16, 2024

The Pumpkin Spice Café(Dream Harbor, #1)

 

 
3.5


When Jeanie's aunt gifts her the beloved Pumpkin Spice Café in the small town of Dream Harbor, Jeanie jumps at the chance for a fresh start away from her very dull desk job. 


Logan is a local farmer who avoids Dream Harbor's gossip at all costs. But Jeanie's arrival disrupts Logan's routine and he wants nothing to do with the irritatingly upbeat new girl, except that he finds himself inexplicably drawn to her. 


Will Jeanie's happy-go-lucky attitude win over the grumpy-but-gorgeous Logan, or has this city girl found the one person in town who won't fall for her charm, or her pumpkin spice lattes… 


The Pumpkin Spice Café is a cozy romantic mystery for fans of Gilmore Girls, with a grumpy x sunshine dynamic, a small-town setting and a HEA guaranteed! 

 

 🌼

 
I had no idea what to expect from this book. Even though it was a well-known book, I was unaware of it until it was chosen as the book of the month for my book club. I'm glad it did, and I'm glad I decided to try this book. It took me a few chapters to get into the plot, and Jeanie initially bothered me, mainly because of how she acted. The story lagged, and I worried whether it would end up being DNF books for me, but I continued reading, and I'm glad I did because as the story picked up, I couldn't get enough of it, and Jeanie ended up being one of my favorite characters. It’s one of those times that I am glad I kept reading. 


The Pumpkin Spice Café was a lovely story, and I believe the mystery surrounding who was messing with the Café kept me reading. Though I knew who it was before it, the truth was recovered. I enjoyed the story with Jeanie and Logan, albeit I believe their relationship progressed too quickly. The two of them met, and before you could blink, they were together, which didn't seem realistic to me. I knew how they felt about each other, but sometimes, I thought they were trying to figure out why they shouldn't be together. They were unwilling to accept that they were in love with one other. I was waiting for them to admit it, finally. I was rooting for them throughout the whole book. 


I loved how most of the town accepted Jeanie. I understand how difficult it is to move to a new city and start over. I loved how Jeanie was able to make new friends. Overall, I loved reading this book. I'm eager to read Hazel's narrative, another character I enjoyed in The Cinnamon Bun Book Store , and I'm also keen to see if Logan and Jeanie will make an appearance.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

Story For Dessert Published @ 2014 by Ipietoon