Oct 17, 2024

The Perfect Couple (Nantucket,#3)

 

 


It's Nantucket wedding season, also known as summer-the sight of a bride racing down Main Street is as common as the sun setting at Madaket Beach. The Otis-Winbury wedding promises to be an event to remember: the groom's wealthy parents have spared no expense to host a lavish ceremony at their oceanfront estate. 


But it's going to be memorable for all the wrong reasons after tragedy strikes: a body is discovered in Nantucket Harbor just hours before the ceremony-and everyone in the wedding party is suddenly a suspect. As Chief of Police Ed Kapenash interviews the bride, the groom, the groom's famous mystery-novelist mother, and even a member of his own family, he discovers that every wedding is a minefield-and no couple is perfect. 

 

🌼

 
Mysterious. 


Given how long I've been reading Elin Hilderbrand books, I shouldn't be surprised. Nonetheless, practically every book she's written has surprised me. I bought The Perfect Couple long before there was talk of a TV show. I chose to read the book before seeing the show, and I'm pleased. I loved the storyline, most of the characters, and the writing style. I couldn’t stop reading. I liked how the writing was written from many characters' points of view, allowing the reader to come to know each character better. Celeste's point of view when she first met Benji intrigued me. I didn't like him immediately and thought Celeste didn't love him as much as he loved her. I wanted to know if the wedding will take place. 


Greer, the Groom's mother, was someone about whom I had skeptical thoughts. I didn't always like her and suspected she was hiding something. Sometimes, when I saw how she treated Celeste and her parents, I adored her and realized she had nothing to do with it. I kept going back and forth over her character. Meritt was another complex character, and despite her actions, she did not deserve what happened to her. I hoped that they would figure out what had happened. 


I enjoyed the mystery itself. While reading The Perfect Couple , I could envision everything and was on the edge of my seat. I thought I had discovered what had happened several times, but my theories were wrong. These are my favorite mysteries in which you don't know the answer until the end. This is the best novel I have ever read by Elin Hilderbrand, and I highly suggest it. I'm eager to see the TV series and hope it lives up to the book.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

Story For Dessert Published @ 2014 by Ipietoon