Sep 12, 2024

The New Couple In 5B.

 

 
CONTAINS SPOILERS  
 


Rosie and Chad Lowan are barely making ends meet in New York City when they receive life-changing news: Chad’s late uncle has left them his luxury apartment at the historic Windermere in glamorous Murray Hill. With its prewar elegance and impeccably uniformed doorman, the building is the epitome of old New York charm. One would almost never suspect the dark history lurking behind its perfectly maintained facade. 


At first, the building and its eclectic tenants couldn’t feel more welcoming. But as the Lowans settle into their new home, Rosie starts to suspect that there’s more to the Windermere than meets the eye. Why is the doorman ever-present? Why are there cameras everywhere? And why have so many gruesome crimes occurred there throughout the years? When one of the neighbors turns up dead, Rosie must get to the truth about the Windermere before she, too, falls under its dangerous spell.

 ðŸŒ¼

 
Haunting. 


I've been hearing about The New Couple in 5B for a while, and it sounded exactly the type of thriller I love to read. After reading the book's synopsis, I sensed it would be an intense read. However, this did not prepare me for the book's numerous turns and twists. This is that mystery in which you think you know who is responsible until sudden twists prove you wrong. I couldn't help but fall in love with Rosie; there was something special about her. I loved how much she loved Chad, but I also adored her friendship with Max. Chad was the one character I wasn't sure about, and I wondered whether Dana was correct about him when she said he forced her father to give him and Rosie the apartment. This was primarily based on Chad's actions at times. 


I couldn't help but be caught up in the story. A lot was happening in that building, particularly with the doorman, who seemed suspicious. The doorman, Abi, had something strange going on with him, merely how he acted with Rosie, and, like Rosie, I wondered if he was listening to other people's conversations through the intercom. As the story proceeded, my mistrust of him rose, and practically everyone else in the building, except Rosie and Chad's neighbors, I never even imagined that they might be responsible. I was in as much shock as Rosie had been. 


The last few chapters were the most engaging. I couldn't get enough, and I read past the time I should have stayed up, but I needed to see how everything would end. It turns out that what I thought was the end was not the actual ending. It's as if it kept going. I guess I'm still in shock; my emotions are everywhere. The New Couple In 5B was the first book that I read by Lisa Unger and it won’t be the last one. I am eager for a chance to check out the rest of her books!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

Story For Dessert Published @ 2014 by Ipietoon