Sep 8, 2024

Summers At Saint.

 

 
 4.5
 
 

Welcome to the St. Cecelia, a landmark hotel on the coast of Georgia, where traditions run deep and scandals run even deeper. . . .

 
Everyone refers to the St. Cecelia as “the Saint.” If you grew up coming here, you were “a Saint.” If you came from the wrong side of the river, you were “an Ain’t.” Traci Eddings was one of those outsiders whose family wasn’t rich enough or connected enough to vacation here. But she could work here. One fateful summer she did, and married the boss’s son. Now, she’s the widowed owner of the hotel, determined to see it return to its glory days, even as staff shortages and financial troubles threaten to ruin it. Plus, her greedy and unscrupulous brother-in-law wants to make sure she fails. Enlisting a motley crew of recently hired summer help—including the daughter of her estranged best friend—Traci has one summer season to turn it around. But new information about a long-ago drowning at the hotel threatens to come to light, and the tragic death of one of their own brings Traci to the brink of despair. 


Traci Eddings has her back against the pink-painted wall of this beloved institution. And it will take all the wits and guts she has to see wrongs put to right, to see guilty parties put in their place, and maybe even to find a new romance along the way. Told with Mary Kay Andrew’s warmth, humor, knack for twists, and eye for delicious detail about human nature, Summers at the Saint is a beach read with depth and heart. 

 

 

 ðŸŒ¼

 
I'd heard about Mary Kay Andrews and had her on my to-read list for a while. After reading Summers At Saint , I understood why so many people are raving about her and her books. I know I've only read one of her books, but I believe she'll be an author I enjoy. Summer At Saint is not the book you expect it to be. I expected it to be a lighter read than it ended up being. I loved the book's mystery element and how it kept you wondering until almost the end. Just when you think you've figured out what happened and who was behind it, another twist makes you reconsider everything. That's my favorite type of mystery. Of course, like Traci, I wondered why they did it. I couldn't put the book down; I needed to know how it would end. 


I liked that the story was told from multiple points of view, allowing the reader to learn more about each character. In addition, I liked that the story was simple to follow and featured romance, humor, and murder. I couldn't help but wonder what Shannon had against Saint and Traci, especially since they used to be great friends. I wondered if she still blamed her for what happened while the two were lifeguards all those years ago. I sensed there was more to it; she was hiding something. I hoped that the two of them would be able to put it behind them. I could not get enough of this story. When I wasn't reading it, I anticipated what would happen next. 


I adored Traci's journey from admiring the Saint to working there in the book's opening chapter. I have much more to say about the book, but I don't want to spoil it for people who haven't read it. I am eager to read the remainder of her books. I highly recommend checking this book out.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

Story For Dessert Published @ 2014 by Ipietoon