May 11, 2023

November 9.

 


Fallon meets Ben, an aspiring novelist, the day before her scheduled cross-country move. Their untimely attraction leads them to spend Fallon’s last day in L.A. together, and her eventful life becomes the creative inspiration Ben has always sought for his novel. Over time and amidst the various relationships and tribulations of their own separate lives, they continue to meet on the same date every year. Until one day Fallon becomes unsure if Ben has been telling her the truth or fabricating a perfect reality for the sake of the ultimate plot twist. 


Can Ben’s relationship with Fallon—and simultaneously his novel—be considered a love story if it ends in heartbreak? 

 

    

 Magical. Extraordinary. 


This isn’t a book you will put down; if you do, you will want to pick it up again. When I started this book, I was in PTA school and had 5 classes, and I had to force myself to put it down. I don’t think that there are enough words out there where I can describe how I felt about this book. A friend told me about this book and lent it to me, and I’m so glad she did. Years ago, I read Hopeless and remembered how much I enjoyed the book. November 9 I think that it’s my favorite book of hers so far. Once I started reading the book, I wondered how I had not read it earlier. I have read multiple romance books through the years, but this was the most unique one I picked up. I couldn’t help but wonder how long Ben and Fallon could keep this up until one of them broke a heart, and what would happen to them afterward? 


Throughout the book, I rooted for Ben and Fallon and wanted them to end up together. However, there were times when I wondered, do they belong together? I found it interesting that they picked a specific date to meet every year, though if it was me, I don’t think I would be able to wait a year to see someone I loved that much. Every page and chapter had me wondering what would come for Ben and Fallon next. I could feel the connection between the two of them from the moment that the two of them met, and some of the romantic scenes between the two of them…I have a feeling that November 9 will be one of those books that I will re-read on multiple occasions. The story felt so real, and it made me wish that I was part of the story; there wasn’t anything I didn’t love about this book. 


Ben. You can’t help but fall in love with him. If only every girl could find a guy like him. He and Fallon had their issues, but what couple doesn’t? When the two of them met every year and the way that the two of them reconnected as if they had never been apart. I wanted them to figure out and be together, not meet only once a year. For me, that would be torture. This was one of the most challenging books to put down when I had to. When I turned the last page, I wanted to start all over again and follow Ben and Fallon’s story all over again. I would highly recommend this for any romance fans, but be ready for your emotions to be pulled into different directions.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

Story For Dessert Published @ 2014 by Ipietoon