May 12, 2023

Chain Of Iron (The Last Hours,#2)

 
 


Cordelia Carstairs seems to have everything she ever wanted. She’s engaged to marry James Herondale, the boy she has loved since childhood. She has a new life in London with her best friend Lucie Herondale and James’s charming companions, the Merry Thieves. She is about to be reunited with her beloved father. And she bears the sword Cortana, a legendary hero’s blade. 


But the truth is far grimmer. James and Cordelia’s marriage is a lie, arranged to save Cordelia’s reputation. James is in love with the mysterious Grace Blackthorn whose brother, Jesse, died years ago in a terrible accident. Cortana burns Cordelia’s hand when she touches it, while her father has grown bitter and angry. And a serial murderer is targeting the Shadowhunters of London, killing under cover of darkness, then vanishing without a trace. 


Together with the Merry Thieves, Cordelia, James, and Lucie must follow the trail of the knife-wielding killer through the city’s most dangerous streets. All the while, each is keeping a shocking secret: Lucie, that she plans to raise Jesse from the dead; Cordelia, that she has sworn a dangerous oath of loyalty to a mysterious power; and James, that he is being drawn further each night into the dark web of his grandfather, the arch-demon Belial. And that he himself may be the killer they seek
.

 

    

Haunting. 


Cassandra Clare did it again, and my emotions are everywhere. I don’t think there was a single book of hers that I read that I didn’t enjoy. Something about Chain Of Iron was intriguing that I couldn’t get enough of the story. I read Chain Of Iron a few months ago, but because of school, classes, and homework, I had no time to post the review. I loved Chain Of Gold , but I loved Chain Of Iron even more; I felt like there was more happening in the second book, more action, and this book had my attention from the first page until I turned the last page. I wanted to keep on reading this book, and I was even thinking about reading the book when I was doing homework. I knew that if I had more time, I would have finished it faster than I had. Chain Of Iron is one of those books where there are so many words I could use to describe my love for the book. 


Cordelia. She has been my favorite character since the first book. I love the way that she cares about others, about her friends. I felt as if Cordelia had the most character development since Chain Of Gold , and I believe that she became a powerful character. Cordelia has been through so much, but that didn’t keep her from going; not once did she give up. In the last book, I wondered if James felt the same about Cordelia as she did about him and didn’t have a good feeling. I was curious that maybe in Chain Of Iron , his feelings towards Cordelia would change, especially after they married. I hoped that when he got married, he would genuinely see Cordelia. As the book progressed, I saw hints that he was developing feelings for Cordelia, which made me happy. Those two belong together. 


I loved reading the little passages from the killer’s point of view, and every time it had me wondering: who was it? I couldn’t help and wonder if could be one of them, Matthew possibly? That would put even more twist to the story. I couldn’t get enough of the story. That cover, oh man, even if you haven’t read other books by Cassandra Clare that cover itself would capture your attention. Now that I have read Chain Of Iron , I am eager to pick up the next do, to see what’s adventures awaits for everyone next.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

Story For Dessert Published @ 2014 by Ipietoon