Apr 14, 2022

This Is Falling (Falling, #1)

 
CONTAINS SPOILERS


First, I had to remember how to breathe. Then, I had to learn how to survive. Two years, three months and sixteen days had passed since I was the Rowe Stanton from before, since tragedy stole my youth and my heart went along with it. 


When I left for college, I put a thousand miles between my future and my past. I’d made a choice—I was going to cross back to the other side, to live with the living. I just didn’t know how. 


And then I met Nate Preeter. 


An All-American baseball player, Nate wasn’t supposed to notice a ghost-of-a-girl like me. But he did. He shouldn’t want to know my name. But he did. And when he learned my secret and saw the scars it left behind, he was supposed to run. But he didn’t. 


My heart was dead, and I was never supposed to belong to anyone. But Nate Preeter had me feeling, and he made me want to be his. He showed me everything I was missing. 


And then he showed me how to fall. 

  

Breathtaking. 


Have you ever come across a book that you instantly fell in love with? This is Falling is that book for me. I have never read this author, and I accidentally came across this book at the library. The title and the cover are what caught my attention first. I got curious and decided to check the book out. I was hooked within the first paragraph. I wanted to see what would happen next. The emotions in this book; I can’t begin to explain how I was feeling; they were all over the place. This is Falling will make you cry; I teared up a few times while reading this book. I had a feeling that this would be an emotional story; however, I was not prepared for how heart aching it would be. From the start, I knew that something tragic had happened to Rowe, to the point that she had trouble trusting others and was easily frightened. It did cross my mind that maybe she escaped an abusive relationship; that was one reason that made the most sense. It was unexpected when the truth came out, but it made more sense about Rowe’s reactions. 


Nate . How can you not love him? I loved him from the start and was in love with him by the end of the book. Nate is what Rowe needed, the type of guy who would love her for who she was and be there when she needed someone. I noticed her hesitation when she realized that she was attracted to him, and I know why. Rowe felt she was betraying Josh, even though he wasn’t her Josh anymore. I wanted her to see that Josh would want her to be happy. I could tell that Nate and Rowe belonged together. When she told him what happened, he didn’t treat her any different; if anything, he helped her to heal. That letter that he wrote to Rowe towards the end of the book was my favorite part, and my emotions went in a few different directions. Nate, he’s a keeper. 


I’m glad that Rowe ended up roommates with Cass and Paige. Cass and Rowe seemed to have more of a connection than her and Paige. I was not too fond of Paige initially, but towards the middle of the book, I was curious about her, wondering what her story was. Rowe needed someone like Cass, who reminds me of one of my best friends, the friend who is always there, even if it just to listen. I’m eager to read Cass’s story in You and Everything After and how she managed to capture Ty’s heart. I’m happy that I have discovered Ginger Scott ,her story took my breath away, and I cannot wait to discover her other adventures.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

Story For Dessert Published @ 2014 by Ipietoon