May 14, 2020

The Princess Game (The Four Kingoms,#4)

☆☆☆


THE PRINCESS GAME.
The Four Kingoms, #4.
 Melanie cellier.

Publisher  Luminant Publications
Publication Date: June 9,2017.
Genre:  Fairy Tale Retelling|Romance.
 Format|Pages: Kindle|316.
 Source: Goodreads| Kindle Unlimited.



















CONTAINS SPOILERS


They call her the Sleeping Princess, but Celeste is far from asleep…



Celeste has been cursed since her sixteenth birthday--just not in the way the rest of the kingdom thinks. All they see is her breath-taking beauty, marred by her foolishness. Only she knows that she retains her brilliant mind. And it’s a secret she must keep at all costs.



Over the years she’s grown accustomed to the necessary deception. After all, her life depends on it. And she’s even found a way to protect her kingdom, working from the shadows. But now a dangerous new threat has emerged, one that Celeste can’t defeat alone. She needs the help of a newly-arrived prince. One who’s altogether too handsome and too charming. Somehow she needs to keep her secret, save her kingdom and find a way to free herself from the curse. The last thing she has time to do is sleep.



In this reimagining of the classic fairy tale, Sleeping Beauty, it’s only the princess’ mind that is asleep. And sometimes appearances can be deceiving. 



 





Sleeping Beauty is one of my favorite fairytales that I watched and read multiple times. I was eager to read THE PRINCESS GAME to see what spin was put on the fairytale. Also, I was curious about Celeste about the curse. I have read a couple Sleeping Beauty retelling, but it has been a while. THE PRINCESS GAME was my favorite and unlike any others that I had read before. Celeste is not what I expected her to be, and you couldn’t help but love her. I hated how others treated her sometimes, I understood why they did, but I always felt terrible for Celeste when they did. I did hope that her curse could be broken somehow. I loved how different she was when she was Aurora than when she was Celeste. It felt that when she was Aurora that she could be herself and when she was Celeste, she had to pretend because of the curse. Celeste, despite her curse, she is strong and brave, considering everything that she had to go through.



William, I liked him since he appeared in THE PRINCESS PACT , and I had always wondered who he would end up with. There was a connection between him and Celeste and William from the start, even if Celeste did not see it at the beginning. I knew he cared about Celeste, considering that he wanted to stay behind and figure out to get rid of the curse. I don’t think it is something he would do if he didn’t care about her. Of course, I loved the connection he had with her when she was Aurora. However, I was curious if he would find out that Celeste was Aurora and how he would find out. It was during their time together that she started to feel her attraction to William or at least that the feeling that I got. I was starting to wonder if maybe she would confess to him and tell him the truth. I knew that William would find out eventually, and I hoped that he would not be angry with Celeste if he did. William and Celeste worked so well together. I was hoping that he might be the one that would be able to help her break the curse. I was rooting for the two of them.





There were few slow parts in the book; however, they picked up fast. Most of the book, I found myself turning the pages, and before I realized it was late. Just like the other books in the series, THE PRINCESS GAME always had something going on. The twists, the ones that even I did not see coming. Like Celeste, I hated her aunt, but once the truth came out, I couldn’t find it in my heart to hate her. Now her uncle, I did not like him, and I had a feeling that something was off about him, that he was hiding something. Yet, even I was not expecting what happened. I was glad that Celeste was able to get her happily ever after. I am delighted to see both William and Celeste happy. This series will have you go through so many emotions, but it will also make you fall in love. Sometimes I am hesitant in turning to the last page because I do not want to say goodbye. I had loved every single story in Four Kingdoms .



If you love fairytales with a twist, I would highly recommend checking this series out today!



0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

Story For Dessert Published @ 2014 by Ipietoon