Jan 2, 2019

The Beekeeper's Promise.

☆☆☆
the beekeeper's promise.
   fiona valpy. 

Publisher  Lake Union Publishing.
Publication Date:May 16,2018.
Genre: Historical Fiction. 
Format|Pages: EBook|306.
 Source:  Goodreads|Owned.













CONTAINS SPOILERS




Heartbroken and hoping for a new start, Abi Howes takes a summer job in rural France at the Château Bellevue. The old château echoes with voices from the past, and soon Abi finds herself drawn to one remarkable woman’s story, a story that could change the course of her summer—and her life.



In 1938, Eliane Martin tends beehives in the garden of the beautiful Château Bellevue. In its shadow she meets Mathieu Dubosq and falls in love for the first time, daring to hope that a happy future awaits. But France’s eastern border is darkening under the clouds of war, and history has other plans for Eliane…



When she is separated from Mathieu in the chaos of German occupation, Eliane makes the dangerous decision to join the Resistance and fight for France’s liberty. But with no end to the war in sight, her loyalty to Mathieu is severely tested. 



 





Heart aching, inspirational story about war, love, loss hope and starting over.



Have you come across a story that broke your heart, and yet you couldn’t put it down? THE BEEKEEPER’S PROMISE was that book for me. I got admit that the cover was first that caught my attention, look at it. The cover is both powerful and mysterious and you will find yourself drawn to the book by it. I feel as if both cover and the title will drawn you to the story, and have you picking up the book. I am so glad I did, despite the subject and how hard it was to read it at times, I fell in love with it. I got attached to both Abi and Eliane and wanted to see how it would end for the two of them, especially Eliane. I loved Abi, but I was even more fascinated with reading Eliane’s story. I am a big history, historical fiction fan. I love any books that has anything due with history, war. THE BEEKEEPER’S PROMISE wasn’t any different, one of best historical fiction books I read this year, so far. I felt as if I learned quite bit, just by reading this book.



I loved reading from both of girl’s point of view, and fact that Abi’s was present time and Eliane from years before but taking place at the same location. You can see how much things changed since then. Eliane went through so much, and reading along with her, I felt her fear, anger, sadness, everything. I loved her family and how they were trying help the others. They were putting themselves at danger by helping others escape from Germans, helping hide them. I was afraid that somehow, they would get caught, or someone would see them and report it. I can’t even begin to imagine how it must been, to be living in that constant fear, and being separated from the people that you love. Like Eliane was from Mathieu, I can’t imagine not hearing from person you love, as long as Eliane did. I hoped that two of them would get reunited one day. I think I was as surprised as Abi was to find out that Eliane and her sister were alive, and at the same time happy they made it through it, and Blanche. I am not sure if I can even put it in right words, of how much THE BEEKEEPER’S PROMISE touched me.



THE BEEKEEPER’S PROMISE was the first book that I read by FIONA VALPY which I came across while surfing Amazon and I am glad that I did. Her writing, it’s breathtaking and written with so much emotion which you will find yourself feeling as well. I can’t wait to discover the other books that she wrote. This story, it deserves more than five stars and I wish I could give it ten, if not more. THE BEEKEEPER’S PROMISE is a story that will stay with you, long after you reach last page, a book you will find yourself thinking about, and eventually going back to. I know that I will. I finished it a day ago and it still on my mind. If you love historical fiction, this is the book that you should check out. Worth it, every single page.



0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

Story For Dessert Published @ 2014 by Ipietoon