Jan 13, 2019

Alex & Eliza(Alex&Eliza,#1)

☆☆☆
alex & eliza.
Alex & Eliza, #1
 melissa de la cruz.

Publisher  G.P Putnam's Sons Books.
Publication Date: April 11,2017.
Genre:YA Romance|Historical Fiction.
 Format|Pages: Hardcover|368.
 Source:  Goodreads|Owned.













 CONTAINS SPOILERS




Their romance shaped a nation. The rest was history.



1777. Albany, New York.



As battle cries of the American Revolution echo in the distance, servants flutter about preparing for one of New York society’s biggest events: the Schuylers’ grand ball. Descended from two of the oldest and most distinguished bloodlines in New York, the Schuylers are proud to be one of their fledgling country’s founding families, and even prouder still of their three daughters—Angelica, with her razor-sharp wit; Peggy, with her dazzling looks; and Eliza, whose beauty and charm rival that of both her sisters, though she’d rather be aiding the colonists’ cause than dressing up for some silly ball.



Still, she can barely contain her excitement when she hears of the arrival of one Alexander Hamilton, a mysterious, rakish young colonel and General George Washington’s right-hand man. Though Alex has arrived as the bearer of bad news for the Schuylers, he can’t believe his luck—as an orphan, and a bastard one at that—to be in such esteemed company. And when Alex and Eliza meet that fateful night, so begins an epic love story that would forever change the course of American history. 









A Love story that will stay with you. It was…Splendid.



Before reading ALEX & ELIZA I knew nothing about Alex Hamilton and Eliza Schuyler, and nor did I see the musical Hamilton . One of reasons I picked it up was because of the cover, it was one of things that captured my attention. The second reason was because I love the author, I read few books by MELISSA DE LA CRUZ before coming across ALEX & ELIZA and when I found out about the book, I knew that I had to check out. I love historical fiction books as well and I knew that this would be the book for me. This is the 2nd time that I have read the book. I first read it back in 2017. I remember loving it back then, and re-reading it, I found myself falling in love with the story more. Have you ever read a love story that hit you and stayed with you long after you finished it? It’s what happened to me, both times that I read ALEX & ELIZA . I even got the book sighed and met the author at the National Book Festival, who was a complete sweetheart and it made my day, being able to meet her.



I loved both Eliza and Alex from the start. Out of all sisters, Eliza was my favorite and I loved how close all the sisters seemed to be. I had a feeling that there was something between Alex and Eliza from moment that the two of them met. Even if Eliza wouldn’t admit it, but I knew that she felt some sort of attraction towards Alex. I do wonder if Eliza didn’t write that note for Alex, then who did? Could it been one of her sisters? I have feeling that they noticed that there was something between the two of them, before Eliza did. After then, I did wonder when the two of them would meet again. I loved the fact that Alex never gave up, even when he heard that she was going to be married. I do wonder what would happened if he told her, about how he felt about her earlier. If the outcome would be different. All through the book, I was rooting for both. Alex was the one that Eliza should be with.



I loved the ending. I was glad that they were able to get their happily after. With everything that the two of them went through, the war and how everything seemed get in their way, to keep them from being together. I thought that it was romantic what he did for her, even if it ended in him getting hurt. I know that is most likely changed Eliza’s mother mind about Alex. I was happy that she did. I think that even she saw how much Alex loved Eliza. I am curious and eager to find out what will happen with them, now that they are married. When I found out that there are other books, I was excited and one of the reasons I decided to re-read ALEX AND ELIZA and now that I did, I am still thinking about it. Once I read it, I even researched more about it because I was fascinated by the story.



If you love historical fiction, mixed with love. Pick it up today. You will fall in love, like Alex and Eliza.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

Story For Dessert Published @ 2014 by Ipietoon