Aug 15, 2018

Your Destination Is On The Left.

☆☆☆
your destination is on the left.
 lauren spieller.

Publisher  Simon Schuster.
Publication Date: June 26, 2018.
Genre:YA Contemporary Romance.
Format|Pages: Hardcover|304.
 Source:  Goodreads|Library.












CONTAINS SPOILERS



Dessa Rhodes is a modern day nomad. Her family travels in an RV, their lives defined by state lines, exit signs, and the small communal caravan they call home. Among them is Cyrus, her best friend and long-time crush, whom she knows she can never be with. When your families are perpetually linked, it’s too dangerous to take a risk on romance.



Instead, Dessa looks to the future. She wants to be a real artist and going to art school is her ticket to success and a new life. There’s just one problem: she hasn’t been accepted…anywhere. Suddenly her future is wide open, and it looks like she’s going to be stuck traveling forever.



Then an unexpected opportunity presents itself: an internship working with a local artist in Santa Fe. Dessa struggles to prove to her boss—and herself—that she belongs there, but just as she finally hits her stride, her family suffers an unexpected blow. Faced with losing everything that she has worked for, Dessa has a difficult decision to make. Will she say goodbye to her nomadic lifestyle and the boy she loves? Or will she choose to never stop moving? 


 






A heartfelt, stunning story.



Don’t you love discovering new story? New Author. I been hearing about YOUR DESTINATION IS ON THE LEFT before it was published, on goodreads, twitter. I would have read it sooner, if it wasn’t for holds at the library. I love stories about road trips, there is something about traveling that pulls me into story. I believe maybe because I did used go camping, traveling a bit with my family through the years. I remember when I moved to Arizona for few months with my parents, we drove there and I had fun seeing all those states we drove through, stopped at. Once I read YOUR DESTINATION IS ON THE LEFT I wanted to go on that journey, I wanted to travel. I do understand why Dessa got tired of it, especially if you been doing it for a while. I do think that part of her decision not wanting to travel anymore, want go to college is because she wanted independence, more privacy. I can’t even imagine how it must be to be in RV with your family for such long periods of time. I was heartbroken for Dessa where all those colleges rejected her. To me, it felt that Dessa was the only one who didn’t enjoy traveling anymore, even when Cyrus tried to convince her otherwise. There is only so long you can travel before you want to settle down.



I know that getting internship with Fiona in Santa Fe, was good for Dessa. It’s all thanks to Cyrus. If it wasn’t for him, I don’t think that she would even applied. That shows me how much he cares about her, how he wants her to be happy. The two of them had such a cute relationship and I was rooting for the couple all way through the novel. There is part of me that feels that I was more heartbroken that the two of them towards the end. I don’t believe that neither of them were expecting it. The moment that Cyrus cried, I teared up. I can’t even begin to imagine when you finally get be with someone you always wanted be, only to have to leave them behind in the end. I’m not sure if I be able to go through with it. I do wonder what happen with them after, if the two of them would reunite in future and what would happen when they did. There also part of me that wondered where they would be now, if Dessa decided to keep on traveling. I understand why she didn’t. That job opportunity is big for her, and it something that she loves. If she didn’t take it, she would always regret it. That’s what I loved about Fiona, she taught Dessa a lot, at least that what I think. Dessa turned into a different, more confident person that when she started the internship. I believe that she even felt more confident in her own art as well.



YOUR DESTINATION IS ON THE LEFT one of those stories, where you will fall in love with story from minute that you read it. I couldn’t stop turning the pages, each page had me craving more. To me, the story was real, and I felt as I became part of that story while I was reading it. I wanted to become part of it. Not only was the story, the characters were amazing, I loved the cover and the title. Just look at the cover, isn’t it beautiful? How can you not fall in love with it? How can you not want to pick up the book? Both the cover and the title fits the story so well, and describes Dessa’s emotions at times so well. LAUREN SPIELLER I already know by reading her debut novel that she will become one of my favorite authors. I want to read her other stories, I need to know what adventures she comes up with next. A book that deserves all five stars. A story that you won’t forget.



0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

Story For Dessert Published @ 2014 by Ipietoon