Aug 2, 2018

The Belles(The Belles, #1)

☆☆☆
the belles.
The Belles, #1
 dhonielle Clayton.

Publisher  Disney-Hyperion.
Publication Date: February 6,2018.
Genre:YA Fantasy.
Format|Pages: Hardcover|440. 
 Source:  Goodreads|Library.












 CONTAINS SPOILERS


Camellia Beauregard is a Belle. In the opulent world of Orléans, Belles are revered, for they control Beauty, and Beauty is a commodity coveted above all else. In Orléans, the people are born gray, they are born damned, and only with the help of a Belle and her talents can they transform and be made beautiful.



But it’s not enough for Camellia to be just a Belle. She wants to be the favorite—the Belle chosen by the Queen of Orléans to live in the royal palace, to tend to the royal family and their court, to be recognized as the most talented Belle in the land. But once Camellia and her Belle sisters arrive at court, it becomes clear that being the favorite is not everything she always dreamed it would be. Behind the gilded palace walls live dark secrets, and Camellia soon learns that the very essence of her existence is a lie—that her powers are far greater, and could be more dangerous, than she ever imagined. And when the queen asks Camellia to risk her own life and help the ailing princess by using Belle powers in unintended ways, Camellia now faces an impossible decision.



With the future of Orléans and its people at stake, Camellia must decide—save herself and her sisters and the way of the Belles—or resuscitate the princess, risk her own life, and change the ways of her world forever 








Gripping, magical, beautifully written story.



Wow, I’m still not over this story. I have a lot of emotions going through me while reading the book, and after. THE BELLES Is a book that you can’t help but fall in love with, despite how dramatic it was, you won’t want to pull yourself away from the story. How did I not read it sooner? I have heard about THE BELLES for few months and even some of my friends have read it. I was curious and when I came across a copy while I was at library, I decided to check it. I’m so thrilled that I did. From the first page, this book fascinated me, and it kept my attention and I wanted to keep on reading. I couldn’t seem to get enough of Camellia’s story and each page, each chapter hooked me into story more than I already was. I have read books before that dealt with beauty before. I have never read the book like THE BELLES it’s unlike any book that I have read before and that was one of the things that I loved about it. A different take on beauty and what someone is willing to do for beauty. How deadly it can be. I never thought about what a person willing to do, in order to be beautiful, or if Sophia’s case, the most beautiful.



I loved Camellia, and I hated what Sophia put her through. I loved how determined she was, to stop her. I feel like she might been the only one that wasn’t afraid of her, even after she found out how the princess was. Or at least she didn’t act as she was afraid of her. If I were her, I would been very afraid, I would mostly done everything that she asked me, just so that I wouldn’t upset her. I don’t remember the last time I hated character as much as I hate Sophia, she’s a monster. She made Amber and Camellia murder someone and then arrested them for it. She’s one person that I know I won’t want to cross. Her obsession with beauty, it’s dangerous. Sophia wants to be in control of everything and everyone and I was hoping that she wouldn’t become the Queen, because if she did, everyone would be in trouble. I do wonder if she will go after Camellia and Amber once she realized that they had escape. I do know that she will be furious and I can’t even imagine how many people may pay the price for letting them escape. I do know that somebody needs to stop Sophia before she does more damage and hurts more people.




That ending, how is the next book not out? After reading that, I wanted to dive into the next book right away. I’m not sure how long I can wait for it to be out. I’m curious if Amber, Camellia and Remy will be able to stay hidden. I can only imagine how much trouble Remy will be in if it’s discovered that he was the one that helped them escape. I’m curious if what Sophia said about Auguste is true. To me, it seemed as he started to care about her. I wonder if he was pretending because he knew what Sophia was capable of. I wonder if he will go looking for her. Most of all, I wonder if they will find a way to stop Sophia once and for all. I still can’t get the story out of my mind. I got say that it was an intense story to read, but a book that you will love. THE BELLES was the first book that I read by DHONIELLE CLAYTON and in love with author already. I’m excited to see what she has in store for us next.



THE BELLES is one of the most powerful novels that I read in 2018, and a must read. Worth every single page.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

Story For Dessert Published @ 2014 by Ipietoon