Soren Hawthorne is arrogant, brooding, and used to getting everything he wants—including ruthless control of his family's empire. The last thing this grumpy alpha billionaire needs is any lip from Jocelyn Collins, the sharp-tongued, beautiful, chaotic, Viking smut author with an evil chihuahua that hates his guts.
Jocelyn has spent her whole life being too much. Too loud, too messy, too wild for a small-town that likes its love stories neat and tidy. She writes happily-ever-afters for a living but never believed she'd get one of her own. Especially not with the infuriating, insufferable, impossibly gorgeous man she's been at war with since the third grade.
But twenty years of slow-burn tension has to break somewhere. And once Soren realizes the woman he wants has been right there all along, his possessive nature kicks.
🌷
I've been curious about the Hawthorne brothers ever since I read The Holiday Clause last December. I loved Greyson and Wren’s story, but I loved Soren and Jocelyn’s story even more. There was something about those two that had me rooting for them. Although they claimed they hated each other, I could tell there was more to it. Those two had such chemistry; the ones that they seemed to deny. I hoped that they would figure out that what two of them had was more than sex. I do believe that Soren fell for Jocelyn first, the way he wanted to take care of her, and the jealousy. I just hoped he wouldn’t do something stupid to mess up the relationship.
Soren…I had my doubts about him when I started reading the book. The things he did and said sometimes frustrated me. However, I could tell how much he cared about Jocelyn, even if it took him some time to realize it. One of my favorite things about Lydia’s books is the way that she portrays the characters and their emotions. I felt every emotion that Soren and Jocelyn had. I felt their anger, frustration, love, and doubt. I loved this town in winter during Holiday Clause, and I loved it during the fall. Everything about it made me wish that it was real, so I could go there and escape for a while.
Once again, it warmed my heart how the town came together. The way Lydia portrayed the relationship between Soren and Jocelyn was phenomenal; you could see their growth. I also loved the banter between them and found myself laughing out loud at some of it. I didn’t want this story to end, and I'm hoping that they make an appearance in the next book. I’m excited to see what’s in store for Logan.
0 comments:
Post a Comment