Jun 11, 2024

Where Butterflies Wander.

 

 
 


After a tragic accident claims the life of one of her children, Marie Egide is desperate to carve out a fresh start for her family. With her husband and their three surviving children, Marie travels to New Hampshire, where she plans to sell a family estate and then, just maybe, they’ll be able to heal from their grief. 


Marie’s plans are thwarted when she realizes a war veteran known by locals as “the river witch” is living in a cabin on the property, which she claims was a gift from Marie’s grandfather. If Davina refuses to move on, Marie won’t be able to either. 


The two women clash, and battle lines are drawn within Marie’s family and the town as each side fights for what they believe is right, the tension rising until it reaches its breaking point. And the choice is no longer theirs when a force bigger than them all—fate—takes control.

 ðŸŒ¼

  

 I listened to this book and am glad that I did. I liked how each of the characters had a narrator, which allowed to bring the story to life. I could imagine myself doing everything the Egide family did, and there were several times when my heart broke for them. I liked how the point of view showcased each family member, giving readers more insight into each character. My favorite characters in the book were Hannan, Penelope, and Davina. For some reason, I enjoyed hearing their point of view the most. Davina was the unique character in the book, which has always been my favorite to read about. 


Until nearly the very end of the novel, I did not like Marie. She was mourning, I know, but so was everyone else, and that didn't give her the right to mistreat Davina. That didn't stop Hannah and Pen from becoming close to Davina, though. There was something about Davina that the children instantly connected with her, except Brandon. That’s another character I didn't identify with, but I understood why he acted the way he did. 


It was a powerful, emotional book. I recommend listening to Where Butterflies Wander if you like audiobooks. The narrators did an excellent job bringing the plot and characters to life. I'm eager to read the rest of the author's novels.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

Story For Dessert Published @ 2014 by Ipietoon