Jun 25, 2024

It Ends With Us(It Ends With Us, #1)

 

 

CONTAINS SPOILERS


Sometimes it is the one who loves you who hurts you the most. 


Lily hasn’t always had it easy, but that’s never stopped her from working hard for the life she wants. She’s come a long way from the small town in Maine where she grew up — she graduated from college, moved to Boston, and started her own business. So when she feels a spark with a gorgeous neurosurgeon named Ryle Kincaid, everything in Lily’s life suddenly seems almost too good to be true. 


Ryle is assertive, stubborn, maybe even a little arrogant. He’s also sensitive, brilliant, and has a total soft spot for Lily. And the way he looks in scrubs certainly doesn’t hurt. Lily can’t get him out of her head. But Ryle’s complete aversion to relationships is disturbing. Even as Lily finds herself becoming the exception to his “no dating” rule, she can’t help but wonder what made him that way in the first place. 


As questions about her new relationship overwhelm her, so do thoughts of Atlas Corrigan — her first love and a link to the past she left behind. He was her kindred spirit, her protector. When Atlas suddenly reappears, everything Lily has built with Ryle is threatened.
 

   🌼

 
I've been hearing about this book for years. My friends kept talking about it, and I read numerous reviews about this book. I can see what the fuss is about. It Ends With Us is a book you won't forget. I finished it this morning and still can't get the story out of my head. This book sometimes ripped my heart into a million pieces, but I found it difficult to put it down. I was curious to know what would happen, and throughout the novel, I prayed for Lily's happy ending. There were times when I tried to make Lily realize that Ryle was not the same person when she met him and that things would only get worse if she didn’t do anything. 


I despised Ryle. There were times when he was an excellent partner, but it didn't excuse his actions. I had a friend who was in an abusive relationship, and those were their only excuses, but it didn't stop them from doing it again. I had a feeling that there was something wrong with Ryle, solely based on how he acted on the roof and how angry he was when introduced in the book. Like Lily, I ignored it, especially after seeing how sweet he was with her when they first started dating. This is the first book I read when I didn’t want the couple to end up together. 


I loved Lily's letters to Ellen; they were my favorite part of the novel. There were so many emotions there, and I felt every one of them. I was curious by the book's title, It Ends With Us . As I read Lily's story, I realized why. It Ends With Us was my third novel by Coleen Hoover , and I loved the story itself, but it wasn't my favorite. Now that I've read the book, I can't wait to see the movie in August. I am also excited to read the rest of her works.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

Story For Dessert Published @ 2014 by Ipietoon