Jan 6, 2024

Majesty (American Royals, #2)

 

 
CONTAINS SPOILERS


Is America ready for its first queen? 

 
Power is intoxicating. Like first love, it can leave you breathless. Princess Beatrice was born with it. Princess Samantha was born with less. Some, like Nina Gonzalez, are pulled into it. And a few will claw their way in. Ahem, we're looking at you Daphne Deighton. 


As America adjusts to the idea of a queen on the throne, Beatrice grapples with everything she lost when she gained the ultimate crown. Samantha is busy living up to her "party princess" persona...and maybe adding a party prince by her side. Nina is trying to avoid the palace--and Prince Jefferson--at all costs. And a dangerous secret threatens to undo all of Daphne's carefully laid "marry Prince Jefferson" plans.

 

 I should have known that I would fall in love again. This is the author I will return to. Katharine McGee's American Royals is not the first series I have read and enjoyed. If I didn't fall in love with the story after reading American Royals , I will be after reading Majesty . I expected twists in the second book, but the ones that appeared were the most unexpected. I thought about the twist at the end of the book the most. It made me wish the next book in the series had no wait list at my local library. I loved the first book, but I loved Majesty as much as the first one, but I did feel that there was more happening in the second book than in than the first one. This is the series that will leave you wanting the next book. It's been a few days since I finished it, but I'm still curious about what comes next. 


Teddy was enjoyable in the first book but was not my favorite character. I completely misjudged the character; he surprised me in so many ways in the second book. I did not doubt that he loved Samantha and would eventually end up with her. I expected Teddy and Beatrice to be friends, but what happened between them was unexpected. Maybe fate brought the two of them together for a reason. I loved how he was always there for Beatrice, no matter what was going on; he was exactly what she needed, especially after her father died. I can't imagine how quickly stepping into the Queen role is so easy. I despised how some people treated her simply because she was a woman, assuming that she needed to be taught how to rule. 


Samantha and Lord Marshall Davis were my other favorite couple. I always thought Samantha and Teddy became too attached, possibly because they couldn't be together. Lord Marshall Davis and Samantha connected early in their 'fake' relationship. I wondered how long it would take them to realize their feelings for each other. I was rooting for them throughout the book; how could I not? I'm curious what happens to them in the next book. I've only read the first two books in the series, but it has already become one of my favorites. I'm excited to see what happens to all the characters in the next book.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

Story For Dessert Published @ 2014 by Ipietoon